Windows 10: USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10

Discus and support USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a Belkin Flip KVM switcher which I use simply to flip my USB keyboard and mouse from one rig to another, it's been working fine under Win7. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brettule, Aug 24, 2015.

1. brettule Win User

USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10

I've got a Belkin Flip KVM switcher which I use simply to flip my USB keyboard and mouse from one rig to another, it's been working fine under Win7. I installed Win10 on box A and left box B as Win7, when I switch to the Win10 box it doesn't detect the USB devices. If I pull the Belkin Flip USB plug from the back of box A and plug it back in it then starts working. Any ideas on how I can get Win10 to work with the KVM switcher?

:)

brettule, Aug 24, 2015
  2. JayG_808 Win User

Windows 10 KVM switch and desktop icon issues.

I have run windows 10 for a while and within the past week or so I am having problems

with it and my KVM switcher. I have a trendnet tk-407 switcher. I have three computers connected through the switcher but generally only have one system up and running.

When I am on the system I randomly hear the sound that indicates an external device is being connected or disconnected. I lose my mouse and keyboard function and my desktop icons are re-arranged. I do not lose my monitor though.

If I switch the kvm to another port and back I get an usb not recognized error. I unplug my usb for the keyboard and mouse from the kvm switcher directly to the pc and can continue to work as normal however it still randomly rearranges my icons. The
    whole process is too quick for me to catch whatever process is causing this. I do have a program that saves and restores my desktop. Something in the system is either trying to invoke the kvm switch

or disconnecting my keyboard and mouse. I have checked the drivers and and ,according to device manager,everything is up to date.

Prior to this I was getting memory errors advising me to close programs, The system locked before I had a chance to close anything. That seems to have been fixed, now I have this problem. Could the issues be related?

JayG_808, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 KVM switch and desktop icon issues.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Since the mouse and keyboard work fine when they are disconnected from the KVM switch, the issue might be with the KVM switcher. I suggest you to contact trendnet support.

TRENDnet | Support | Contacting Tech Support

Keep us posted for further assistance with Windows, will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10

1. USB KVM switcher doesn't work on Win10 - Similar Threads - USB KVM switcher

2. MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2: I'm virtualizing a FreeBsd 13.0-2 machine on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS GNU/Linux 5.15.90.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 x86_64 under WSL2 the base operating system is Win 11. I use virt-manager and everything runs fine until I try to upload a Window Manager, the mouse doesn't work in any...
  3. MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2: I'm virtualizing a FreeBsd 13.0-2 machine on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS GNU/Linux 5.15.90.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 x86_64 under WSL2 the base operating system is Win 11. I use virt-manager and everything runs fine until I try to upload a Window Manager, the mouse doesn't work in any...
  4. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10: usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10the drive is for XP so probably I need a driver for Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive-doesnt-work-with-win10/7044a3eb-bf76-48b7-a10f-db5d7964c7f9
  5. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10: usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10the drive is for XP so probably I need a driver for Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive-doesnt-work-with-win10/7044a3eb-bf76-48b7-a10f-db5d7964c7f9
  6. usb portable diskette drive doesn't work with win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Onedrive for Win10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for Win10 doesn't work: When you start the desktop version of ODclient, this will not start. I tried to download 32 and 64bit version, reinstalled, no result. After the opening setup window, the installation ends without notice. How is it going to fix it? Thanks for any advice.Peter...
  8. Installing win10 lite through IPMI/KVM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing win10 lite through IPMI/KVM: hey to all ! complete noob here and didn't really know where to post this, I just bought a dedicated server from gorilla servers. It's a ryzen 5 3600 with 32gigs of ram and I am installing win10 lite on it. now that windows Installation is completed, the network is not...
  9. Camera on Win10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera on Win10 doesn't work: The camera on my laptop says it's working properly, but when I get into Camera to take a pic or a video, I see the camera with the international "no" slash across it, the camera light comes on, and the camera image in the lower-right is gray. Camera lens is not covered up. If...
  10. KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KVM switcher installs three mouse drivers under Windows 10: Hello, I have two nearly identical PCs running Windows 10 connected to a KVM switch. P300 Thinkstation M93p Thinkcenter However when I connect a KVM switch with HDMI/Mouse/keyboard via USB, Windows 10 installs three mouse drivers and one keyboard driver. Then...