Windows 10: USB-LAN adapter not recognised

Discus and support USB-LAN adapter not recognised in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The following notebook/laptop does not have a LAN port: Lenovo 100S-14IBR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cinimodvii, May 22, 2016.

1. USB-LAN adapter not recognised

Hello,

The following notebook/laptop does not have a LAN port:

Lenovo 100S-14IBR

http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-100S-14IBR-Notebook-Celeron-Prozessor/dp/B01AK5SZ74?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Hence I have purchased a USB-LAN adapter as I do not have wifi where I live.

The adapter I am using is:

Sitecom USB LN-030 v3 001

https://www.sitecom.com/de/usb-20-network-adapter/ln-030/p/73

The adapter is not being recognised by the laptop.

If you have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this matter, I would be grateful for your help.

What I have done thus far:

(1) I have reinstalled Windows 10.

(2) I have installed the relevant drivers from the Lenovo website.

(3) According to the Sitecom website as well as the seller from whom I purchased the mentioned adapter, no drivers from Sitecom are required in regard to Windows 10.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance,

Dom

:)

cinimodvii, May 22, 2016

2. USB-LAN adapter not recognised

Dom

Have you looked in device manager to see the state of the device?

(win key + "X">device manager>view tab>show hidden>look under USB for the device). Does it have a Yellow exclamation mark on it "!">

USB-LAN adapter not recognised [​IMG]

USB-LAN adapter not recognised [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 22, 2016
  3. DomAl10 Win User
    USB-LAN adapter not recognised

Hello,

The following notebook/laptop does not have a LAN port:

Lenovo 100S-14IBR

http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-100S-14IBR-Notebook-Celeron-Prozessor/dp/B01AK5SZ74?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Hence I have purchased a USB-LAN adapter as I do not have wifi where I live.

The adapter I am using is:

Sitecom USB LN-030 v3 001

https://www.sitecom.com/de/usb-20-network-adapter/ln-030/p/73

The adapter is not being recognised by the laptop.

If you have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this matter, I would be grateful for your help.

What I have done thus far:

(1) I have reinstalled Windows 10.

(2) I have installed the relevant drivers from the Lenovo website.

(3) According to the Sitecom website as well as the seller from whom I purchased the mentioned adapter, no drivers from Sitecom are required in regard to Windows 10.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance,

Dom

DomAl10, May 22, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

To get the built in driver activated, you may need to run windows update.

Can you take the laptop to a public WiFi area, connect to adapter and seh for a driver online?

5. Hi,

I will do as you say and see what happens.

cinimodvii, May 22, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I like to use something like this:

Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories

Advantages - use a cheap USB wall charger for power and your computer needs no extra hardware or network cable so you can move your computer around mostly as you please. Also makes WiFi available from your wired network for your other devices like a cell phone.

When you travel, you can take it with you and power it from computer USB port.

NavyLCDR, May 22, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Usually the really cheap USB-->Lan adpters just work - the cheaper self powered ones are better than the more expensive ones. Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected to AN ACTIVE NETWORK as if the network isn't active the signal might not be be recognized so the computer won't detect your hardware. In general connect to a USB 2 port if you have one.

Windows (most releases from about Windows 95 onwards) have some sort of built in generic ethernet driver built in -- this will be enough to connect to the Internet if you need a better driver. LAN protocol has been around ever since "Pontius was a Pilot (Pilate)" so complex drivers are unnecessary.

Usually also there's a light which often will be Green if it detects a 1Gb/s LAN or yellow / Orange if it drops to 100 Mb/s but that will depend on the hardware.

Believe me the real cheap and nasty plasticy ones work much better than the smooth metal colured expensive ones !!!! In fact the more obscure the make the more likely it is to work !!!!.

Another solution is to buy a cheap Wifi extender -- you don't need a new router -- plug the extender into your LAN connector and now you can use your OWN Wifi !!!!. I think this would be the best solution as you can then use the Wifi from the extender to connect other devices such as smart phones / tablets etc or even another computer or two.

NavyLCDR's suggestion is also quite good although you'd get much better transfer speeds using a dedicated extender espcially if you can use 5GHZ Band for wifi --probably cheaper too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 23, 2016
  8. USB-LAN adapter not recognised

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB-LAN adapter not recognised - Similar Threads - USB LAN adapter

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. Windows 10 issues with recognising USB-C adapter

Windows 10 issues with recognising USB-C adapter: I recently purchased an ASUS Flow X13, and tried connecting my hubs to it:1. Baseus: http://www.baseus.com/product-346?lang=en-us HDMIx2 and USB-C PD ports2. Satechi: https://satechi.net/products/slim-aluminum-type-c-multi-port-adapter-v2?variant=12604200812632 HDMI, USB-Ax2,...
  4. Lan via Lan-Adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan via Lan-Adapter?: Is it possible to test your internet connection via this adapter and complain if the service is not provided, or do you have to go via a permanently installed one? [ATTACH] Lan über Lan-Adapter testem?
  5. Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Not Being Recognised on...

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Not Being Recognised on...: Hello there, Recently i’ve been having problems with Windows 10. My adapter is not being recognised, meaning i cannot connect to the internet on my PC. Hence why i am writing this with an IPhone. I am in need of solutions, I have done so much troubleshooting to the point...
  6. Toothooth adapter not recognised

Toothooth adapter not recognised: All of a sudden the Bluetooth on my HP Pavillion is not working. When I run the trouble shooter is returns a message that 'Bluetooth is not available on this device. This is incorrect as I have paired my stereo with the PC. In Action Centre settings it says Bluetooth is...
  7. For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable

For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable: I am trying to connect USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with LAN cable to xerox machine. but it is compatible with windows 7 and 8. I have windows 10. so what i can i do for connect. so for windows 10 product is available or not? please guide me. Thanku....
  8. REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Adapter setup failed.

REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Adapter setup failed.: I have been trying to setup a wireless USB adapter from 2 days but i'm failed. It's a "USB 2.0 Wireless 802.11N" Lan Adapter. When i connect it to computer it's driver showing up to the device manager for a few seconds and then vanish. Sometime the driver stay up a long time...
  9. Ac adapter not recognised.

Ac adapter not recognised.: Windows 10 Oct 2018 update .Hp Envy m6. Ac adapter when do battery check states it is not attached yet device manage shows working correctly. Optimization and system check states okay.Have updated the bios and drivers and removed an reattached battery and ac adapter. Have...
  10. Gigabit LAN to USB adapter

Gigabit LAN to USB adapter: Hi, I am looking to buy a Gigabit LAN to USB adapter and I have seen that all of them are USB3.0, but my PC has only USB 2.0. The question is, due the USB 2.0 limitation, the adapter will work only as 10/100Mbps LAN, 1GBps is not possible on USB 2.0. It that right? 67152