Windows 10: USB mass storage device problem

Discus and support USB mass storage device problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlAltschul, Jul 14, 2018.

1. USB mass storage device problem

I am running a windows 10.

AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz

8GB Ram

64 Bit

Windows Version 1803

I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle.

When I first turn the machine on and put the SD card reader in, I can read the files, but when I re-insert it to change the file, it will not read. There is no evidence of it. I have tried reinstalling it, but it keeps coming up with the same problem and the same error code:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)"

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, ending the File Explorer task and re-starting it, but the only thing that works is shutting the machine down and re-starting. I have even run hardware scans and the like to no avail.

This is a problem that has been persistent in Windows since 2015, and has not been sorted out, but who are we to demand that our money buy something that works.

We are being completely duped by Microsoft. We buy their software, then we have to do our own Support and our own resolution. Whilst we are doing that, Microsoft is gleefully raking in the money and our data.

:)

CarlAltschul, Jul 14, 2018

2. USB Mass Storage problems

Hey all,

so lately i have been having a problem with using USB mass storage devices.
    the problem that i am having is well they don't show up, i plug them in
    and all i get is device is not recognized by windows, i have tried a few things
    like reboots removing devices that are on the controller, and still get nothing,
    all other devices that i have work just fine

other devices being
    Logitech Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Media board pro wireless
    Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2
    PS3 Eye
    LG Glimmer in USB Modem mode (does not work is mass storage mode has described problem)

i want to say its probably just a driver issue, but not exactly sure, any help greatly appreciated

Darth_Pewee, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jul 14, 2018
  4. KevH123 Win User

USB mass storage device problem

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi there:

I have a Seagate USB portable drive and I mainly use it to connect to my ASUS Oplay! media player to watch the content on TV.

This device use to be an USB mass storage device.

Recently, I noticed whenever I eject my seagte portable drive, the device is showing as ""USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of a regular "USB mass storage device". This is when my media player stopped recognising the portable drive (showing
    the device is not supported). The portable drive works fine on my Windows 10 PC, just not recognising by my media player anymore.

Wondering if anyone can point out how I can restore my portable hard drive back to a generic USB mass storage device instead of being a "USB attached SCSI mass storage device".

Thank you.

KevH123, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

USB mass storage device problem

1. USB mass storage device problem - Similar Threads - USB mass storage

2. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  3. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  4. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: I have been a Windows user for my whole life... starting sometime around 20 years ago I noticed that occasionally when connecting an external HDD with USB, Windows will refuse to safely eject the device even though there are no programs using it that I know of and no open...
  5. problem ejecting USB mass storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device: hi there: I received an error when trying to eject my portable drive. It states the error message in the screenshot. I can't find what program or programs/windows. How can I tell what is it? I don't have any thing opened and I still got the error message. It seems like I...
  6. Problem ejecting USB mass storage device

Problem ejecting USB mass storage device: Three USB devices were used to transfer files from one computer to another. Each was an open of file explorer then copy and paste into one drive. One drive and file explorer were each closed. How come the Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device displayed this device is...
  7. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  8. Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device: It is getting to the point where every time I leave a USB device plugged into my computer for more than 5 minutes, when I try to eject it, I get the INCREDIBLY annoying message: “Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or...
  9. Problem with the USB mass storage device driver

Problem with the USB mass storage device driver: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...
  10. Problems with USB SCSI Mass Storage Device

Problems with USB SCSI Mass Storage Device: Everytime my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive is plugged into my PC (Windows 10 64bit), Window's Event Viewer repeatedly reports warning messages: Event 129, UASPStor Reset to device,\Device\Raidport1, was issued Also, USB 3 write speed was extremely...