Windows 10: Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection

Discus and support Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 1000 GB usb hdd from Medion, formatted in NTFS, assigned driveletter J in diskmanagement. My problem is that the drive keeps losing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen Halck, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection

Hi,
    I have a 1000 GB usb hdd from Medion, formatted in NTFS, assigned driveletter J in diskmanagement. My problem is that the drive keeps losing connection to my laptop all the time., so I have to power up again. I do not recall this as a problem with earlier versions of windows, I have disabled the possibility to power off the usb drive when idle in power management, and have tried to remove usb drivers, sadly no luck, usb drive keeps losing connection. It is a usb 2.0 drive, connected directly to laptop G750JH with Usb3.0, win 10 version 1607. Could anybody help please? Thankful for reply,
    kind regards,

:)

Stephen Halck, Jan 17, 2017

2. Error code 0xc0000017 Windows 10

Thanks, solution works perfect. On Medion PC with SSD256 Crusial and HDD 1Gb

HansBurgers, Jan 17, 2017
  3. can't connect my lumia 630 to pc using usb cable

I have the same problem connecting my Lumia 630 phone to a Medion Akoya MD99350 laptop running Windows 8.1.

"The computer keeps making dinging noises and won't recognise the phone". It does not change anything with
    firewall (AVG) disabled. There are no error messages, only the repeated "ding/dong".

Afterwards I tried to connect my Lumia 630 to my wife's Asus running Window 7, also with free AVG active. It recognized the phone and loaded some drivers, and it works OK.

Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with the Lumia 630. It must have to do with the Medion laptop and its operating system, which is standard upgraded, from 8.0.

How do I solve the problem so that I can get to work with my phone via a USB cable from my Medion laptop?

henningelkj, Jan 17, 2017
  4. robgr Win User

Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection

Assuming the HDD is powered via USB it may be short of power, try using a micro b splitter cable
    Search e**y for Micro Superspeed USB 3.0 Type B to 2x USB Type A Male Y Cable Splitter Adapter

robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  5. Hi again,
    thanks for the answer. My usb drive has a seperate power connection to the wall.

6. robgr Win User
    Are you able test against a different PC, this will prove/disprove the HDD?

robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    It sounds as if you have the USB selective suspend enabled in Power Options. It's a power saving feature that suspends USB devices when they are not actively used.

To disable USB selective suspend, open Power Options as told in Option One [/B steps 1 through 9 ]in this tutorial: Power Plan Settings - Change in Windows 10

Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection [​IMG]

8. Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection

Yes, hdd works fine on my other laptop with win 7, I even took hdd with usb and power unit down to a store, they plugged the hdd in a computer, and it of course worked perfectly

9. Hi,
    thanks for the answer. I already have power disabled, as I tried to write in my initial post.
    Kind regards,
    Stephen

10. robgr Win User
    have you tried a different USB cable/port?

robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  11. Check for BIOS updates. Chipset drivers as well. Doesn't hurt to reinstall the latest chipset drivers as well. Also if any different when laptop plugged in or not.

ComputerGeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection

1. Usb Medion hdd keeps losing connection - Similar Threads - Usb Medion hdd

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. I keep losing connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  5. I keep losing connection.

I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  6. I keep losing connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  8. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  9. Keep losing internet connection

Keep losing internet connection: I am trying to figure out if I have a problem or is the fact that I keep losing my internet connection related to how busy the internet is currently. I recently replaced my modem/router with a Linksys CG7500. Everything appears to be set up correctly. For whatever...
  10. Ethernet keeps losing connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection: Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows. [img] it looks like it's wireless can't connect and this is happening with Ethernet is connected. It loses connection once every 2 minutes and that's no joke and lasts for a...