Windows 10: USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

Discus and support USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Game Hustla, Apr 9, 2016.

1. USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8 but windows 7 works just fine.
    This drives me nuts since my internet access is mostly via 3G USB modems but the fastest connection is through a router.

:)

Game Hustla, Apr 9, 2016

2. Internet connection issue

1. I need ethernet connection (over LAN without internet) for some reasons. So I can not disable it for normal work.

2. Modem is connected all the time. Only Windows not using this connection to access internet

3. After I unplug ethernet cable Windows immediately "switch" and redirecting internet access over USB modem (witch is connected all the time)

4. After plug back ethernet cable internet access imediately stop working (and modem is still connected)

5. I allready do Network Reset.

6. I update ethernet adapter driver

7. Before short time I discovered, that if I connect with WIFI adapter too, to some network witnout internet access, comunication over USB modem going withnout issue.

So the configuration with issue is: Connected USB LTE modem, Connected ethernet cable into network without internet. And no access to the internet. If I try ping 8.8.8.8, I see that DNS server of ethernet network is used, so this is the key, i thing.

Petr RC Zlin, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Security flaw in Windows 10?

Updated info: I disconnected the power from my modem just in case there was some kind of cross-feed, and I still get connected via wifi when my ethernet cable is not plugged in. Plugging it in makes no difference - still connected via this modem that isn't
    mine. Network and Sharing Center shows it as a public network.

My desktop computer running Vista does not connect (wifi) with my modem disconnected. It sees the modem that lets my laptop connect but wants the password (which, of course, I don't have).

I then tried a USB network adapter on my laptop with the ethernet cable unplugged and the internal adapter disabled. I could see the other modem but again could not connect.

The issue seems, therefore, to be related to Win 10 and the internal adapter (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n). I had disabled it previously because it kept dropping the wifi connection.

MalcolmJDTX, Apr 9, 2016
  4. snoope Win User

USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

I have the exact same problem.

snoope, Apr 9, 2016
Thema:

USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

1. USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi - Similar Threads - USB modem disables

2. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  4. Ethernet driver doesn't reinstall and wifi is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet driver doesn't reinstall and wifi is disabled: Since 1 year my wifi drivers doesn't work properly and sometimes it completely stops working, this normally happens after i turn on my pc, the local networks doesn't show and instead it shows that my wifi is disabled, and when i try to turn it on doesn't work, however my...
  5. Usb Modem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Usb Modem: Hello, I am using usb modem Huawei for the intenet on my pc and everything is working but the microsoft store and xbox app. When I switch to Wi-fi everything works fine. Why ? Error code : 0x80131500...
  6. Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Disables Cellular Modem: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with a DW5811e Snapdragon X7 LTE WWAN card for cellular access on my laptop and whenever I connect an ethernet cable to my system with routes, the cellular immediately turns off. If I remove any routes that use the ethernet connection, the...
  7. Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used: Is there a way to disable WiFi automatically when wired connection is active? I tried to do it via Network and Sharing Centre, but the option to disable it doesn't come up. I looked at WiFiAutoSwitch and Bridge Checket but they are not free. Help! submitted by...
  8. Sharing files between wifi and ethernet networks on same cable modem.

Sharing files between wifi and ethernet networks on same cable modem.: Greetings, I just set up file sharing between a couple of my computers that are connected by ethernet to my modem, but am unable to set up sharing between those on ethernet and those that are on wifi. All of my devises are on the same cable modem and I have no...
  9. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...
  10. Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem: How to: Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem How to Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for a Modem [img] Information During periods of low data activity, Energy Efficient Ethernet (802.3az EEE) allows for less power consumption by 50% or more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem