Windows 10: USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!

Discus and support USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there "Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Dec 6, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!

Hi there

"Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on earlier releases). VMware tools etc all installed -- no difference. The Toolbar only works when the VM is in Windowed mode (i.e not full screen).

Strangely running on an older computer with a PS/2 mouse it works 100% OK ????? I haven't used one of those sort of mice since XP days - I had one lying around --surprised it even worked !!! - Not a good mouse though as it's not an optical one.

(A USB mouse does work when connected to the PS/2 port via an old USB==>PS/2 connector (yes I still had one of those !! --Moral don't throw old connectors away they often come in handy when you least expect !!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 6, 2014

2. Machine Check Exception BSOD - Tried everything

So how would I update the drivers for ps/2 keyboard and mouse. It just says the latest drivers are installed?

Also I do not have ps/2 ports. I have the mouse and keyboard plugged in via usb

NicholasShin, Dec 6, 2014
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbxhci.sys when playing a video

You have to restart the computer and boot a Windows media. How to do that is in the link in my previous post - Option One.

The keyboard and mouse should work when you boot the media.

Also, are you able to get a hold of a PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse? Your motherboard has PS/2 ports and a PS/2 keyboard and mouse should work and allow you to edit the registry to get the USB devices working.

auggy, Dec 6, 2014
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

added

Problem with VMWARE 3D video driver and HOST INTEL HD graphics -- had a strange MKS-3D enabled = "TRUE" in the config file --removed and all is OK. (W8.1 HOST).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 7, 2014
  5. Tony K Win User
    Jimbo, do you have MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed by any chance? If so, do you know when that installed? All of sudden I boot up and it's crashing and causing a blue reboot screen.

Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!! - Similar Threads - USB Mouse bonkers

2. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  3. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  4. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  6. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  7. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used: I have an HP Envy laptop, using the newest version of Windows 10. Having mouse problems, so I tried to uninstall and re-install the mouse. Device Manager shows 2 mice...a PS/2 version, and on that just says HID Compliant. When I unplug the USB dongle, the HID Compliant...
  9. Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working

Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working: After a recent windows 10 update on one of my PC's the ps 2 ported mouse stopped working. Nothing I tried from this website worked. The pc had an older type motherboard with both mouse & keyboard ps 2 ports that have worked for several years.10+ The Keyboard still worked...
  10. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....