Windows 10: USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

Discus and support USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10. My system is Toshiba Equium P300-16T, Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by old wrinkly, Jun 17, 2017.

1. USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

I have recently upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10.

My system is

Toshiba Equium P300-16T, Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370 1.73 GHz. Installed memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 32 Bit Operating System

My Windows 10 is reported as Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296) (c) 2017

I realise my system isn't the best for Windows 10 but the recent WannaCry attack has made me anxious to keep my OS as up to date as I can.

Everything seems OK, although W10 is a bit slow in loading, apart from the fact that my 6 button button USB Backlit 2400 DPI Optical Wired Gaming Mouse disappears from Devices and Device Manager whenever I put the laptop to Sleep or Hibernate. If I do a full restart then it comes back.

I have asked the question on another more general Windows forum without any success other than to try a wireless mouse so I have fitted a Logitech M310 wireless mouse but the problem still exists.

Anyone have any thoughts on the problem.

Thanks

Sorry for some of the weird text displays but have been using cut and paste.

:)

old wrinkly, Jun 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

In the other windows versions, just by moving the mouse or touching the pad or any key would restart your computer after sleep or hibernate mode. What is the secret "touch" to awake the computer after going to sleep or hibernate mode?

JoseGonzalez769, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Text cursor disappears while typing and comes back intermittently after windows 10 install. Cannot type while disappeared.

As per an update, this only happens after hibernate or sleep mode. If I restart, the problem disappears until I come back from a hibernate or sleep. It is still doing this and it is very annoying. I would like not to have to restart every time I want to
    leave the computer.

JustinRoth, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Talvl Win User

USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

Enable Pointer Trails in Control Panel. It works immediately.

Talvl, Jun 17, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply. Have changed the Pointer Trails but the USB mouse is still not available after coming out of sleep or hibernation. The touch pad of the laptop still works however as it has always done. I just don't like using the touch pad especially when trying to copy/cut and paste etc.

old wrinkly, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Slippery Win User
    Have you looked at the advanced power settings in control panel, also in device manager to make sure it's not turning their usb port off to save power?

Slippery, Jun 17, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    I guess the suggestion is that it is re-installing the driver every time you are doing a full Restart.

I would look at all the Power Options > Advanced settings > USB settings (Control Panel version) regarding the USB ports and also do a battery calibration.

Also look at the Options in the Device Manager > Mice & Other > Properties > Power Management Tab etc.
    Being a fancier than a 'normal' mouse I guess it takes more power from the USB.

It must be quite old 8 years ?, it will certainly need a new BIOS settings battery.

Helmut, Jun 17, 2017
  8. USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

Thanks Helmut, that seems a logical conclusion and is similar to the advice given by slippery.

The fact that the driver loads OK from a cold start shows that it it installed in my system OK. The fact also that both the normal wired usb and wireless usb mouse have the same problem suggest it is a USB port issue but I have no real idea of how to investigate this. Is it perhaps just a simple power plan change?

I have a battery installed but it's dead so I run all the time on AC power.

What changes do the sleep and hibernate options have on usb power?

old wrinkly, Jun 19, 2017
  9. Hi, update to my problem.

RESOLUTION

After spending quite some time checking power options on the Generic USB Hub connections to no avail. I decide to go back and use the standard USB ports on the laptop, of which I have 4. The original problem first showed when using a wired mouse connected to one of the ports (which I used OK with VISTA) which is why the suggestion of using a wireless mouse came about.

I then tried the 7 way USB port which I use for external memory stick storage and this gave the same problem.

I then went back to basics and tried connection to the original standard USB ports and lo and behold found that one of the ports works fine (there might be others but not tested). I am now able to use both Sleep and Hibernate options and the mouse functions correctly when the system is woken up.

Have no idea what the original problem was or why it should now be working but I am happy that I now have a fully functioning mouse.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

old wrinkly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

1. USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation - Similar Threads - USB Mouse disappears

2. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  3. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  4. Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep: Hi all, for the last month or so I haven't been able to switch on the hibernate option in the power settings and every time I put my computer to sleep, it stays on. Shutdown is also taking a really long time. Any idea where to start? submitted by /u/louissanderson57...
  5. WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Connection Disappears After Hibernating: Hi, After the latest Windows 10 update was done February 21st - after which one some system icons were changed, most obviously in the power down menu - it has been twice after my computer powers up again after hibernating, the WIFI connection disappears, and will not be...
  6. Hibernate Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate Disappeared: Ok i know i have to enable it and i did enable it, by choosing the change currently unaivailable settings and i got it at first. it worked. but then it suddenly disappeared . i try to do the same but its not there . i even tried the comman line : powercfg.exe /hibernate on...
  7. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep: My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?...
  8. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  9. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  10. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...