Windows 10: USB mouse not working Windows 10

Discus and support USB mouse not working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. My mouse on windows 10 just sopped working the other day. The strange thing is, it works at the very beginning when launching windows. But then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VolosBlur, Jun 26, 2016.

1. VolosBlur Win User

USB mouse not working Windows 10

Hello.
    My mouse on windows 10 just sopped working the other day. The strange thing is, it works at the very beginning when launching windows. But then just stops responding; the red light from the tracker also turns off.

When I go into the device manager I see a yellow triangle on HID compliant mouse. There it say Device Cannot Start (Code 10). I tried uninstalling the driver. Disconnected the mouse, reconnected - and it works! But at the same time I see windows is installing the driver. Once it installed the driver and detected the mouse model, the mouse stops working again. I tried uninstalling USB drivers, rebooting PC - same problem.

I also installed Driver Toolkit program. There it detects problems with Renesas Electronic USB 3.0 Host Controller (ADB Interface) and SteelSeries HID Device (Human Interface Devices). I assume the last is something to do with my mouse, because the model of the mouse is Steelseries Kana.

I tried downloading drivers for the last two online - nothing helps.

I also tried doing system restore. Didn't help. Honestly, don't want to do factory reset.

The problem started after I just went out without switching off my laptop, when I returned and waked it up, the problem started the one I am describing.

:)

VolosBlur, Jun 26, 2016

2. mouse problems

Start windows 10, all fine, maybe 10 minutes later mouse quits working. Pull USB plg and reinsert and get wrror message Windows doesn't recognize what was plugged into USB port. It was the mouse, Windows doesn't recognmize a Dell mouse, a Gateway mouse
    or a Microsoft mouse. You can reinseert the usb and it works fine for a few minutes then dies. The same thing happened on a second computer running Windows 10. Checked and all USB ports have most current driver.

WilliamBreeze, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Saikat22 Win User
    USB mouse is not working.

Is USB mouse is not working in windows 10. I have the problem with my usb mouse connectivity in my laptop.

Saikat22, Jun 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

suggest that you use USB2.0 port for mouse instead.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Same here. I've seen some issues with using older USB Thumb drives, mice and printers on USB 3.0 ports instead of USB 2.0 ports, have a few Thumb drives with the issue. The USB 3.0 ports may be backward compatible with USB 2.0 but not all slightly older devices don't work in the USB 3.0 ports.

Berton, Jun 26, 2016
  6. VolosBlur Win User
    Well, I guess I "solved" the problem. If you can call it solved.

Don't know if it is USB 3 issue. I don't have USB 2 ports, all of them are USB 3 (I think). Other devices that are connected are working fine. It is just the mouse. I had this laptop for 3 years and never encountered this problem. Don't think I also made any device changes. Unless Windows did something for me by itself.

First thing I did was restoring fresh install settings. Guess what, didn't help. Then I did complete fresh install, wiping all the files. And still the same yellow triangle and error code; mouse not responding. I mentioned that I went to the manufacturer website for the drivers. And as I said before, the mouse worked for a while and then stopped again. Interesting thing was that in device manager there was two HID compliant mouse entities, one of which didn't have a yellow triangle and the other did.

Then I went to the control panel for the device troubleshooter. I started the troubleshooter, it detected the problem in HID compliant mouse, said it was fixing it and required a reboot. I rebooted and then I was receiving constant Blue Screen of Death. At the error panel it was saying there was an issue with wdf01000.sys. I tried launching in safe mode. But there all of my input devices weren't responding at all; keyboard, touchpad - dead.

I decided to do factory reset. Went through that. Whadya you know - still the same error. I thought there was something with the bios or my PC all together was breaking.

Anyway, I tried searching for my mouse drivers, this time not going to the manufacturer website but to some other website. And the problem was fixed! The drivers were kinda different from the earlier ones. I don't know if it was that I installed the different drivers from a different website, or did factory reset also helped.

In short, seems everything is working fine now. But I still get a yellow triangle in the device manager and there is still two entities of HID compliant mouse. Kinda feels that the solution is temporary.

I got a feeling that there is something with the BIOS. Right now I am restoring my Windows 10 installation. Who knows, the problem might come back.

VolosBlur, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB mouse not working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB mouse working

2. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  3. USB mouse is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse is not working: It is a new mouse and I am trying to make it work. I plugged it in the USB. My laptop is HP. Help me with this problem, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-is-not-working/2b7bcf4e-f5e1-48f0-a416-ce791e3c37cd
  4. USB mouse is not working on windows 10

USB mouse is not working on windows 10: I connected an USB mouse to my windows 10 surface book, but it is not working. It works perfectly in Ubuntu. In windows it kind of works intermittently. When the mouse is connected, a notification comes up saying "the device you connected malfunctioned...". I tried...
  5. USB mouse not working

USB mouse not working: My mouse is not working correctly. When I move it over the screen it seems to time out and gives a trumpet sounds. Then I have to wait about five seconds and it will move again. But then continue to "time out". How can I fix this?...
  6. USB Mouse Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Mouse Not Working: I have been using a USB Mouse on my laptop that has been working for approximately 3 months. All of a sudden it stopped working. It won't even show up as an error. It is just completely not recognized. I tried my USB mouse on other computers and it worked. I also tried other...
  7. USB Mouse Not Working

USB Mouse Not Working: I have a USB Mouse that is made by DELL manufacturing that will not respond in any way, via clicking or moving, not even scrolling. Thing is, is the light on the bottom lights up as if nothing wrong with it. I'm using an HP laptop....
  8. windows 10 usb mouse

windows 10 usb mouse: hi, i need help my usb mouse connected to windows 10 keeps lagging/stuttering/ teleporting all over the screen... i tried the mouse on windows 7 and it worked perfectly. when i plug in my usb keboard or a thumb drive they function properly. and yes i tried all the ports...
  9. USB MOUSE NOT WORKING

USB MOUSE NOT WORKING: Aby ideas will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working/e7c313b9-7deb-43e2-b6a2-0294194d32e0
  10. usb mouse not working in windows 10

usb mouse not working in windows 10: hi can anyone help my usb keyboard and mouse drivers suddenly does not want to work, code 39. i have no idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working-in-windows-10/cf724509-7710-4f5a-b975-2ffb197ede4f