Windows 10: USB not detected

Discus and support USB not detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was in the process of downloading Windows 10 I selected Do it for another PC then it just said I don't have enough space on my C drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HadenWang, Jul 9, 2018.

1. HadenWang Win User

USB not detected

Hello,

I was in the process of downloading Windows 10 I selected Do it for another PC then it just said I don't have enough space on my C drive. I already plugged in my thumb drive but it still said I need space on my C drive. Do I need space on my C drive first?

Help me, people.

:)

HadenWang, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 9, 2018
  3. usb external harddrive is not detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with detecting external hard drive via USB 3.0 port, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted or out dated port drivers.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall
    Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

As an additional resource, please refer to the below links and check if it helps.

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2018
  4. USB not detected

USB not detecting

Hi,

It's really odd that the update causes your computer not to recognize the USB that you attach to it. There's a possibility that the hardware on your computer got affected as well. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We
    suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then search for Troubleshooting.
    • Look for Hard and Sound, then select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Once done, check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

USB not detected

1. USB not detected - Similar Threads - USB detected

2. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  3. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  4. USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore: hi,I have a lenovo T14s 3rd generation with windows 11 pro.I usually use a USB-c adapter with an HDMI external monitor, the external monitor is usually recognized on both USB4 plugs.Last week I updated windows and now the USB4 plug I usually use, cannot detect the external...
  5. USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore

USB-C plug does not detect external monitor anymore: hi,I have a lenovo T14s 3rd generation with windows 11 pro.I usually use a USB-c adapter with an HDMI external monitor, the external monitor is usually recognized on both USB4 plugs.Last week I updated windows and now the USB4 plug I usually use, cannot detect the external...
  6. Windows 11 does not detect my USB cable connected Doro 6030 phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not detect my USB cable connected Doro 6030 phone: I used to connect a usb cable to my Doro 6030 phone and it would show up in File Explorer , The driver for the USB sockets was updated on 8/2/24Now when I connect the phone does not show up in File Explorer....
  7. Windows 11 does not detect my USB cable connected Doro 6030 phone

Windows 11 does not detect my USB cable connected Doro 6030 phone: I used to connect a usb cable to my Doro 6030 phone and it would show up in File Explorer , The driver for the USB sockets was updated on 8/2/24Now when I connect the phone does not show up in File Explorer....
  8. USB-C not detecting monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  9. USB-C not detecting monitor.

USB-C not detecting monitor.: I swapped the standard HDMI and both monitors work. Both monitors not detected when using both the USB-C docking station with HDMI output and a brand new USB-c to HDMI cable. This is a new problem since my last login 4 days ago.Device name BEST-Dell-Comp Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  10. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...