Windows 10: USB not working after restarting laptop.

Discus and support USB not working after restarting laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; EDIT* I reinstalled windows and it worked for me I don't know how I installed it incorrectly Thanks for the help!! Hi I have a lenovo Y50-70... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ticol, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Ticol Win User

USB not working after restarting laptop.

EDIT*

I reinstalled windows and it worked for me I don't know how I installed it incorrectly Thanks for the help!!

Hi I have a lenovo Y50-70 laptop (i7-4710HQ GTX 860m 4GB 8GB ram) after restarting my laptop I had to because I installed the XTU from intel and then my usb stopped working in bios they work (mouse usb stick etc.) I tried power management settings turning on/off usb settings in bios installing/uninstalling drivers windows update EVERYTHING!
    also the mouse turns on and when the white dots appear under the windows logo it shuts off
    I am so mad I lost so much time on this*Mad*Mad*Mad.

HELP!!!
    Thanks.

:)

Ticol, Dec 29, 2016

2. My wireless mouse had died. I have no control of my laptop.

Works after Switching the USB Reciever to another USB Port and Restarting The Laptop.

AlecCasimireHeesacker, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Joe Men Win User
    nokia lumia 640 connection to a laptop

Hello,
    Neale

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Please try to restart your laptop and plug the USB cable of your Lumia 640 USB cable again, after the laptop reboots.

If the issue persists after restarting, try using a different USB cable.

Keep us posted.

Joe Men, Dec 29, 2016
  4. USB not working after restarting laptop.

Welcome to the TenForums.

I assume you used the most up to date XTU utility. While I don't use it, is it possible that you need to update your chipset drivers and Intel Management Engine.

Create a restore point before going further so you can get back to this point.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  5. 1. You can uninstall XTU and see if, in fact, the problem goes away. Isolate it to XTU

2. When all USB ports not working, i've seen this work on occasion: Unplug computer. Remove battery if a laptop. Let it sit overnight. Plug in and power up in the morning. see if it helps

ComputerGeek, Dec 30, 2016
  6. Ticol Win User
    I would have to open my laptop to take out the battery and I allready uninstalled XTU and it didn't help

Ticol, Dec 31, 2016
  7. Make a restore point and re-install your chipset drivers. If USB is being supplied by another chip, as is the case with some devices, to get additional ports, re-install it as well.

Caledon Ken, Dec 31, 2016
  8. Ticol Win User

Did that and it didn't do it for me

Ticol, Jan 1, 2017
  9. Trying to avoid clean install.

Have you thought about going to your device manager, ensure you show any hidden devices, and

1) Review all USB entries to ensure each is working.
    2) Note if there is a Power tab and disable Windows shutting power off. You will eventually want to enable Power Mgmt for battery life.
    3) Try to upgrade each.

Failing this there are several articles on web about resetting USB ports, likely you've already read.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB not working after restarting laptop. - Similar Threads - USB working restarting

2. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  3. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not working after restart: At first it was working then I just restarted my hp laptop then suddenly lights vertical lines appeared on screen and it turned off. Now just the power button, charging light and keyboard lights are blinking, but laptop is not starting...
  4. Laptop Not working after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard not working after restart, have to uninstall unknown usb device from device...: The laptop keyboard is not working after restart, I have to uninstall an unknown USB device from the device manager with all the USB ports unplugged. I have to shut down and then start the laptop again to fix the problem each time, then plug back all the USB devices. i had...
  6. Earbuds only work after restarting laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Earbuds only work after restarting laptop: My laptop refuses to recognize my earbuds unless I restart it. It doesn't recognize it if I unplug it and put it back in. I've contacted Dell and updated my drivers. I can also not set is a default device, it is simply not an option. The laptop isn't even a year old and this...
  7. laptop keyboard not working after restarting

laptop keyboard not working after restarting: Hi, I reinstalled windows 10 into my laptop asus x442uf all is working normally. Everytime I restarting the laptop, keyboard is not working anymore on the login screen. so to bring it back, I need to press the power button to turn off display and turn on again then...
  8. USB devices stop working after unplugged, bluescreens after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices stop working after unplugged, bluescreens after restarting: I made this post on r/techsupport but it's down right now and I can't find anything on google about this Iv been having a weird problem where after some time of using my computer the USB ports will stop working if I unplug them. I discovered this because I tried to plug my...
  9. USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC

USB 3.0 stops working after restarting PC: It happens every time I restart my PC. I have to reinstall again the 3.0 driver whenever it doesn't work; it looks like the driver fails to startup when I startup Windows it works in the boot menu. This is what it looks like when i restart it...
  10. Usb don't work after restart

Usb don't work after restart: Hello. Yesterday I restarted the pc using the button on the case. After the reboot, the usb connectors no longer worked, so I did cmos but with no result. USB mouse and keyboard don´t work in bios too. Today I got the ps / 2 keyboard and the mouse and keyboard working. As...