Windows 10: USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?

Discus and support USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. My computer has: 1. standard built in USB ports (to the motherboard), 2. PCI USB 2 card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrens, Jun 29, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10?

Hi

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home.
    My computer has:
    1. standard built in USB ports (to the motherboard),
    2. PCI USB 2 card
    3. PCI USB 3 card

For some reason, only the built in USB ports work properly.
    The USB3 card works with external drives, but no other hardware (eg .webcam)

The other USB 2 card seems to have a yellow exclamation in the device manager.
    - VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
    - VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

The 'device status' under properties says: "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"

I have tried to update the drivers using Driver Boost / Drive Easy and it does not find anything more recent.

(The Enhanced Host Controller is a Intel ICH10 Family)

This is very frustrating as I need these ports - does anyone have any advice in order to resolve this?

thanks

:)

larrens, Jun 29, 2016

2. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

Android Phone was not listed but you can find the MTP USB Device option and it finally worked!!!!!!

RonaldFreedSR, Jun 29, 2016
  3. MrRasper Win User
    USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

Yep. This one worked for me, too! FINALLY!!!

Thanks, ChaD90!

MrRasper, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Sounds like you do need to install drivers for the 2 Add-in cards. Support for the onboard ports is provided by the chipset drivers, usually on a CD that came with the motherboard or built into Windows. The Add-in cards may have come with drivers [mine did] or get them from the vendor's site.

Berton, Jun 29, 2016
  5. larrens Win User
    Thanks - I assume vendor drivers will resolve my problem, however I don't know who the vendor is for these cards anymore as they were 'generic' cards, nor do I have the drivers that may have come with them.

I was hoping that given these are simply USB ports, I was hoping there are Windows drivers or other common drivers that I could download.

larrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB not working / error26 - Maybe driver after installing Win10? - Similar Threads - USB working error26

2. Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation: So my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation, when running win7 they work perfect, no issue at all, im running win7 on a Dell Inspiron 14r 5420 i5 2.50 6gb Ram...
  3. Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation: So my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation, when running win7 they work perfect, no issue at all, im running win7 on a Dell Inspiron 14r 5420 i5 2.50 6gb Ram...
  4. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  5. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  6. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10: USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-30-port-and-hdmi-port-is-not-working-after/2c2922c3-6f73-482f-bc4a-d4d0f48a1841
  7. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...
  8. Usb camera driver (or maybe software?)

Usb camera driver (or maybe software?): I found a USB camera, and I want to use it easily (without disabling the laptop's built-in camera to make it work through the USB camera) Is there a software, that can easily let me control the usb cameras? because this camera had an installation CD with the driver in it,...
  9. Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation

Ethernet Driver Not Working After Win10 Installation: Hi there! So I tried to update from Windows 8 to 10 last week. That didn't work for me, so I had to format everything and install Windows 10 afterwards. At first neither W-LAN nor LAN would work. Then I un- & reinstalled the W-LAN driver so now everything's fine except...
  10. No working USB drivers after W10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No working USB drivers after W10 install: Hi. I've done update installs of W10 on 2 of my older computers with W7 64bit systems, no problems at all. Then feeling confident tried it with my latest built computer, also W7 64bit, which has an Asus Sabertooth mb Rev 2, with latest bios. Using the Media Creation Tool,...