Windows 10: usb not working no matter what i have tried

Discus and support usb not working no matter what i have tried in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me fix my usb ports. I have tried everything that users have posted on many forums. also Microsoft have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pablo7502, Dec 27, 2016.

1. pablo7502 Win User

usb not working no matter what i have tried

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me fix my usb ports.

I have tried everything that users have posted on many forums. also Microsoft have tried multiple times via remote connection only to put the pc into a boot loop.

the problem is the usb ports only work some of the time with usb 2.0 devices. when they do work the devices disconnect and reconnect randomly

no usb 3.0 devices work what so ever.

I have a code 43 on the usb in the dev manager even when nothing is connected. all this started after a upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.

this problem is driving me mad and I'm so close to just getting a new pc.

:)

pablo7502, Dec 27, 2016

2. Windows Store Not Working No Matter What

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is your system up to date with Windows Updates?

Since you have tried all troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persists. Suggest you to check for any available Windows Updates. If so, please try to install all the available updates.

If not, add another Microsoft account by following the steps mentioned below and see if the problem persists:

* Click Start,

* Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Family & other users.

* On the right pane click Add someone else to this PC
    under Other users.

* If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

* Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.

Once you're sign-in with new User Profile, then please work around and check if it helps you.

Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 27, 2016
  3. B8con Win User
    Windows Store Not Working No Matter What

A lot of people seem to have the same issue. You guys might want to look into fixing it.

B8con, Dec 27, 2016
  4. usb not working no matter what i have tried

It may sound drastic, but doing a clean install or Windows 10 will likely fix it. I've seen numerous glitches caused by upgrades. Some are easy to fix, and some not. I've had some myself. On a clean install, no such issues and clear sailing.

alphanumeric, Dec 28, 2016
  5. Neemobeer Win User
    On occasion if you right click and uninstall each USB root hub, then right click on the computer name in device manager and 'scan for hardware' will resolve this issue. I've seen this happen on Dell laptops more than other brands.

Neemobeer, Dec 28, 2016
  6. Boot from a rescue CD. If ports work, you'll at least know it's your Windows OS or if h/w or BIOS related. I like Gandalf's rescue ISO. Useful to have around in any case. Burn to a DVD or create a bootable USB drive.

ComputerGeek, Dec 30, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, right click CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted System Files.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

usb not working no matter what i have tried

1. usb not working no matter what i have tried - Similar Threads - usb working matter

2. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  3. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is not working no matter what i try.: I own a corsair hs55 surround gaming headset, and a while ago, the microphone just broke. Not the headset itself, ive tried it on my laptop and it works completely fine, but on my PC windows 10, it doesnt work at all. Ive tried the front and back port, ive tried using a...
  4. My microphone is not working no matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to reset PC no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PC no matter what I try: Hey all! So I have had issues with my install for over a year now, and am deciding once again to try and fix it through fresh installing everything. However, every single method that I have tried, failed. Any time I attempt to create a USB through the media tool, it fails. I...
  6. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  7. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  8. Microphone not working no matter what

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working no matter what: Hello, I have not used my mic built-in in a laptop in a while now 1 week possibly, and now when I actually want to use it I just can't. It no longer works at all. The device is shown in the sound control and is set to default. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and even...
  9. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  10. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...