Windows 10: USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update

Discus and support USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update my flash drive stopped working. It's a 32g Corsair Flash Voyager. The blue light continuously blinks when I insert it into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CassJenkins288, Jul 13, 2018.

1. USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update

After an update my flash drive stopped working. It's a 32g Corsair Flash Voyager. The blue light continuously blinks when I insert it into the computer, but Device Manager says No media

:)

CassJenkins288, Jul 13, 2018

2. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Hi,

This can be caused by a driver issue or virus-infected USB drive. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suitable to your pen drive concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does it appear in the disk management?
    • Can you connect other USB drives and see if the same error will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the USB driver as an initial troubleshooting step and see if the error will occur again when you connect your USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update

Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Sorry for the delayed response. If it's not appearing in the disk management, then it's possible that there is no driver for the USB pen drive. We suggest that you visit the device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for the USB pen.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update

1. USB Pen Drive Stopped Working after Update - Similar Threads - USB Pen Drive

2. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  3. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  4. Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to...: Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to windows 10 usb drives working ok. Updated to windows 11 again and usb pen drives not working again, any suggestions would be grateful received Must be a driver problem, have tried deleting...
  5. Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to...: Windows 11 and usb pen drives, not working after update from windows 10. Returned to windows 10 usb drives working ok. Updated to windows 11 again and usb pen drives not working again, any suggestions would be grateful received Must be a driver problem, have tried deleting...
  6. usb drive not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drive not working after update: Here's the error log. What do I do? Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 12/8/2020 11:46:35 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM...
  7. Not updating, and stopping mouse and pen working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not updating, and stopping mouse and pen working: I bought a new Surface Pro 6 and it will not update, it asks every 3 days to update and restart. I allow it to do this and then it restarts and says can't install reverting back to previous settings. Then once it restarts and I can access windows, my mouse, and pen are...
  8. USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING: HI, my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...? anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full....
  9. USB Pen Drive Failure

USB Pen Drive Failure: I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying Ashampoo Office 12 (no power failure or accidental pressing of a key). The pen drive is now inaccessible and is not recognised by...
  10. USB Pen drives not working after upgrading to Windows 10

USB Pen drives not working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hi, I have couple of Pen Drives ( with data ) which worked very well on the older Windows Versions like Windows XP, Windows 7 etc. After upgrading my laptop to Windows 10, these Pen Drives & the data(s) are not accessible i.e., cannot be read. Can anyone provide me with a...