Windows 10: USB port changing state over time

Discus and support USB port changing state over time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a current Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) running Windows 10 Home x64. I have this infuriating problem which may be related to the hardware but may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by deepskydiver, Dec 13, 2015.

1. USB port changing state over time

I'm using a current Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) running Windows 10 Home x64.

I have this infuriating problem which may be related to the hardware but may also possibly be fixed in the OS. I've had no success so far changing power and sleep settings in the BIOS and Device Manager. I've had no luck with Intel directly.

The symptom is that any (of two different) USB TV tuners I use seems to lose the quality of signal anything from 20 minutes to an hour after I access that channel. If I change channel and then return straight back it instantly fixes it.

If it's possible to fix this in the OS, does anyone know any registry or other settings I could try? Alternatively some utility or task I could use to poll or wakeup the port periodically? I'm just lost on this and have spent over a month off and on trying to work out ways of making it work.

Yours in desperation.. *Smile

:)

deepskydiver, Dec 13, 2015
  2. MJK1944 Win User

CSR v4.0 Bluetooth Dongle does not work on my Windows 10 computer

Changed USB Ports, restarted PC, Windows on 2017 PC Ver. 1607 64Bit Windows Pro Full Version Automatic aupdates

IRISPen Air 7 works fine with Iphone over Bluetooth. and works fine with USB cable in front USB Port.

MJK1944, Dec 13, 2015
  3. pilotryad Win User
    E7 charger port faulty in some devices - BEWARE AS NOKIA CUST CARE IS NOT SUPPORTIVE

had the same problem. The phone would not charge and when connected to a usb port of my laptop, the usb port will be recognised as faulty. First time, they changed the usb port and got the problem again three days after the repair. They finalised changed
    the board.

pilotryad, Dec 13, 2015
  4. USB port changing state over time

What software is controlling the tuner?

nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Hey, thanks for helping out.

It's Mediaportal's current TV Server. I have the same version on an old PC (Windows 7) which works perfectly with these USB tuners on that box.

deepskydiver, Dec 14, 2015
  6. Mediaportal use the drivers for the AV device, so this is the next thing to check.

nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  7. The two USB tuners I use have separate drivers but the same symptom.

deepskydiver, Dec 16, 2015
  8. valihrach Win User

USB port changing state over time

It may be caused by USB3 instability; try to disable USB Selective Suspend under Advanced Power Options. And in Device Manager, find xHCI Root Hub and untick power saving checkbox in Properties, it may help too.

valihrach, Dec 16, 2015
  9. Thanks, but I already have those options disabled.

deepskydiver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB port changing state over time

1. USB port changing state over time - Similar Threads - USB port changing

2. Doubt over which usb port to use for webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt over which usb port to use for webcam: Which usb port should i use for webcam in order to avoid spinning circle on lock screen. I dont have that problem now , but in order to avoid in future and which is safe ?...
  3. View live info over usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View live info over usb port: So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a...
  4. View live info over usb port

View live info over usb port: So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a...
  5. USB ports changing location

USB ports changing location: Hello i have an issue with my Lenovo Ideacentre pc running windows 10. I have a12 port powered hub that is connected to the usb port on the rear of the pc, the problem is that it keeps "forgetting" that it is connected to the hub. When i reconnect to one of the ports on the...
  6. USB ports changing location

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ports changing location: Hello i have an issue with my Lenovo Ideacentre pc running windows 10. I have a12 port powered hub that is connected to the usb port on the rear of the pc, the problem is that it keeps "forgetting" that it is connected to the hub. When i reconnect to one of the ports on the...
  7. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  8. Sharing USB port over LAN

Sharing USB port over LAN: In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet. Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well....
  9. Changing Direction of Power Delivery (PD) over USB-C Port

Changing Direction of Power Delivery (PD) over USB-C Port: I've a thinkpad P1 which can charge external devices connected to a USB-C port using Power Delivery (PD). The PD external battery pack I have is able to charge the laptop but I can't get the laptop to charge the battery pack using a USB-C port. How do you control the...
  10. Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.: Hello, I am working on windows 10 Pro (version 1703). I've already installed the driver of a serial-usb multi-function cable, and it was successfully defined. But when I tried to access its port setting, the corresponding tab didn't appear at all in the driver properties....