Windows 10: USB port not working....

Discus and support USB port not working.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of the three USB ports has stopped working for some reason, any idea how to get it working again ? Thanks 97448 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

USB port not working....

One of the three USB ports has stopped working for some reason, any idea how to get it working again ?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Nov 6, 2017
  2. 1600kHz Win User

USB 3.0 Drive Not Working in USB 3.0 Port

You have 1.0 drivers? My default drivers are something like 0.96. I've got those Renesas drivers installed now though, and I'm probably keeping them since the latest didn't come with that annoying monitoring program.

1600kHz, Nov 6, 2017
  3. 1600kHz Win User
    USB 3.0 Drive Not Working in USB 3.0 Port

This worked for me! Using an Asus Sabertooth P67. Thank you.

1600kHz, Nov 6, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

USB port not working....

It might have bad contacts but check your drivers first. Most of the time they are all under same controller chip so only one of them is impossible to disable without disabling all.

CountMike, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks. I've got a USB multiport which doesn't work sometimes so use a hoover to vacuum it out, but would it be safe to do the same on the laptop.... ?

Arcadian, Nov 6, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    As long as you don't suck in whole thing.

CountMike, Nov 6, 2017
  7. Arcadian Win User
    Put it on lowest suction setting which worked fine thanks a lot ! *Smile

Arcadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB port not working....

1. USB port not working.... - Similar Threads - USB port working

2. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  3. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  4. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB port not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. Usb Port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Port not working: So basically, I have 2 ports. I have my keyboard in one and my mouse in the other. My mouse isn't connecting though. But when I plug my flash drive into the same port as my mouse it works. When I go into device manager it says "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request...
  7. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: hey my name is sami and ive been experiencing some real issues with this asus laptop 8gb ram it has 2 usb ports* months ago i lost one of them but the weird thing is that it could read my external hdd but noting else and when i plug my mouse in only the lights work but not...
  8. USB port not working?

USB port not working?: A little while back, I spilled some Dr. Pepper near my laptop. I supposed it had reached the USB port and caused it to stop working. But then it started working for a few minutes and stopped. But that was a few months ago, and now it does not work anymore. I attempted many...
  9. usb ports not working

usb ports not working: usb ports not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-not-working/70ec7ff4-110a-4377-b2db-f7cc1aefb4df
  10. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ports not working: Hey, how do i troubleshoot USB ports not working? It is not OS related, since it doesn't work in BIOS as well. I have two working USB ports in the back, and that's it.The motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Z68, and the USB ports that aren't working are the 3.0 ones with Renesas...