Windows 10: USB Port Oddities

Discus and support USB Port Oddities in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had the same problem with an old motherboard. The solution was to go at Device Manager, right-click on the Intel-specific USB devices and replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Not Myself, Nov 11, 2015.

1. BartZorn Win User

USB Port Oddities

I had this problem too and this solution fixed it. Thanks!

There is a quirk, though. When I reboot, sometimes one or both USB controllers need to have the standard driver installed again to make them work.

Bart

BartZorn, Dec 26, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

Yes, this is annoying, but at least it works. I prepared this computer to replace my father's older Pentium 4, but if the USB ports are not working properly, I cannot give it to him! Let's hope the issue is gone once and for all.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Port Oddities

1. USB Port Oddities - Similar Threads - USB Port Oddities

2. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  3. Usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  4. Usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb port: Hellow, I am using windows 10 installed on lenovo ideapad in...Whenever I insert my usb pen drive the system is not detecting them even external hard drives and phones but they used to work last month the only thing working is my wireless mouse...When the pc is powered of the...
  5. USB Ports

USB Ports: I am using a windows 10 OS on my PC and two of my USB ports suddenly stopped detecting the flash drives when I insert it...I have tried to install the USB device drivers but it still doesn't work, kindly help me on how to fix my computer....
  6. USB ports

USB ports: Hi, how do you guys manage, I dont have enough USB 3.1/3.0 ports on my motherboard, Would a USB hub (Powered) solve my problem? Thank you 158777
  7. USB PORTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB PORTS: after installing the latest updates I cant able use my ports i don't why, and I updated all the usb drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports/7acecb8d-d1c5-45f0-89ed-61642cae8471
  8. USB ports

USB ports: When I plug in my power cord to my laptop it is saying "the usb port you just installed is not working." I'm not plugging in to a usb port so I don't know why it is saying this and why it will not work now with the power cord plugged in....
  9. USB port

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB port: Were do I go to get information off my USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port/25905bdc-c9af-4ec1-92b4-9405138d8a79
  10. Laptop USB 3.0 port is dead, no standard fix works (some oddities)

Laptop USB 3.0 port is dead, no standard fix works (some oddities): I've been trying literally anything I can to fix this dead USB port for the better part of 5 months now and I just give up, so I ask for help! I've watched every video on youtube, read every wiki ehow, and (it feels like) every forum. Background and Details: I have an Asus...