Windows 10: USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled?

Discus and support USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] I am being bugged by a problem associated with USB ports apparently being intermittently disabled or disconnected. The result is a cacophony... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacNala, Jan 18, 2016.

1. MacNala Win User

USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled?

USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled? [​IMG]
    I am being bugged by a problem associated with USB ports apparently being intermittently disabled or disconnected.

The result is a cacophony of device disconnected sounds being played. It ultimately means the PC has to be shutdown. Occasionally a device connected sound will be heard as well.
    I have heard that Win 10 is disabling or disconnecting USB ports to save power for tablets and such. Understandable for limited power availability but for PCs where power is always available this seems misguided.
    I need to know if this is by design or can it be selected off via registry option.

:)

MacNala, Jan 18, 2016
  2. rocket888 Win User

sabrent usb 3.0 hub on windows 10 continually connects/disconnects

I recently purchased a Sabrent hb-macr 3 port / 1 card usb 3.0 hub.

When I plug it into the 3.0 port on my gateway nv570p laptop running windows 10, I keep hearing the usb connect and disconnect sounds, every few seconds.

In device manager, I see Generic SuperSpeed USB HUB appear, along with the sounds of connecting and disconnecting a usb device. If I click properties while it's still connected, it says working properly, but then that message changes as I watch it, to something
    about being disconnected and unable to reset. Then the message goes back to working properly.

However, if plugged into a 2.0 usb port this hub works just fine. The usb 3.0 port also works if I plug in a usb 3.0 flash drive, get the higher speeds etc. So, the 3.0 port itself appears to work just fine.

So, does anyone else see this problem on windows 10 with "superspeed" hubs?

rocket888, Jan 18, 2016
  3. tildiego Win User
    Connetivity issues when using nokia E72 as a modem

I do have a strong signal. I was able the day before yesterday to be on the internet for more than 5 hours without it disconnecting. Then I tried yesterday to connect to the internet and it started to disconnect again, after a few minutes. I tried again
    yesterday, via another usb port and I was able to stay connected for longer without being disconnected. I suspect it might be a usb port issue. Let me give it a try a few more time before I jump to conclusion.

tildiego, Jan 18, 2016
  4. USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled?

I had the same problem, it was caused by an Alfa Wi-Fi adapter that didn't like being on a 10m active USB cable.

nigelmercier, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    Have you checked your power plan Options? you'll find a link to Change Advanced Power setting. There you will find USB Settings. There you can select USB Selective Suspend setting. Mine is set to disable and I have no issue with disconnects

Clintlgm, Jan 19, 2016
  6. MacNala Win User
    Thank you very much for the pointer.
    I have changed mine to Disabled and wait to see if it is the correct thing.

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled?

1. USB ports being deliberately disconnected or disabled? - Similar Threads - USB ports being

2. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  3. USB ports and bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports and bluetooth disabled: 2 days ago, my laptop experienced blue screen. After rebooting it, the USB ports and bluetooth function has been disabled.Both of these options also can't be found in device manager. I've clicked 'show hidden devices', yet both of them still can't be found.Following are the...
  4. DISABLE USB PORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISABLE USB PORT: HI, I FOOLISHLY DISABLED USB PORT OPTION FROM BIOS NOW NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR MOUSE IS WORKING PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-usb-port/0ed72132-5610-414c-b7cf-ed6add623b1c
  5. USB Ports Randomly Disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports Randomly Disconnect: Hello All,Devices that I plug into my USB ports namely flash drives, two different brands randomly disconnect, and after a week of trying everything I can think of....I´m out of ideas. Every time I hear the three tones that Windows makes when a device is disconnected, I want...
  6. USB ports disconnecting

USB ports disconnecting: Whenever I plug in my wired connection with USB adaptor, my wireless mouse will disconnect randomly and stutter a lot. However, when i unplug my wired connection, my mouse will work perfectly fine. How do I fix this?...
  7. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  8. USB ports sporadically disconnect

USB ports sporadically disconnect: HP Pavilion G7 laptop Windows 10 v1909 AMD A12-9720P Ram 12 GB 64 bit Samsung SSD 860 evo When I open Cubase by Steinberg, I have the eLicenser, UR12 audio interface and Korg mini keyboard plugged in. Many attempts and many errors and crashdumps. I hear the usb sound...
  9. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...