Windows 10: usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.

Discus and support usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; usb ports stopped working after windows update. windows updates fail to install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kcw60, Aug 2, 2018.

1. kcw60 Win User

usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.

usb ports stopped working after windows update.

windows updates fail to install.

:)

kcw60, Aug 2, 2018

2. non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 2, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

usb ports not working.  windows updates not installing without error messages. [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

usb ports not working.  windows updates not installing without error messages. [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 2, 2018
  4. usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages.

1. usb ports not working. windows updates not installing without error messages. - Similar Threads - usb ports working

2. USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  3. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  4. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  5. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  6. Windows Shut down message to USB port

7. Windows Update Not Working on Fresh Installation - No Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Not Working on Fresh Installation - No Error Message: Hi,My windows update doesn't work. When I check for updates, it tries to find an update, but none is found. It reports "You're not up to date" and in yellow writes "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". No error code. No message of anything going...
  8. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  9. USB ports not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  10. USB ports not working after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....