Windows 10: USB printer suddenly not seen at all

Discus and support USB printer suddenly not seen at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new PC with Windows 10. My printer is an Epson XP-760. It printed fine at first, but suddenly it wouldn't print. The printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daanh, Aug 8, 2016.

1. daanh Win User

USB printer suddenly not seen at all

Hi, I recently built a new PC with Windows 10. My printer is an Epson XP-760. It printed fine at first, but suddenly it wouldn't print. The printer showed as active, but print commands didn't even get to the printer's que. I tried other USB ports and cables, reinstalling, but it wouldn't print, but scanning was working.

Now, after I removed the printer from the devices and printers screen, my PC doesn't see it at all when I plug it in. Nothing in the device manager, nothing when trying to add a new printer, nada.

Other USB devices on this PC work as normal. I took my printer to another PC and it worked fine. I also tried other cables and ports.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

My system:
    Processor: i5 6500
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
    Memory: Corsair 2x8GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL13, Vengeance LPX
    Graphics: Radeon HD 7950

Thanks, Daan

:)

daanh, Aug 8, 2016

2. USB is not recognizing some devices in Widows 10

Since upgrading to Windows Ten I've lost USB capability to an external WiFi antenna and my printer. Backup external hard drives still work fine.

The external antenna when plugged in, is not seen on the USB (Safely Remove USB device) drop down panel.

The printer is seen on the printer panel (Settings) but attempts to print are met with a message saying Unable to Communicate with printer..

What can I do to resolve this?

RonJohnson_849, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Printer issue: USB 2.0 vs. USB 3.0. my printer, stating that USB 2.0 is not compatible with USB 3.0

I am suddenly receiving an error re: my printer, stating that USB 2.0 is not compatible with USB 3.0. The printer worked fine prior to this message this morning, so I'm wondering how or if this can be fixed . . .?

KevinWorleyMine, Aug 8, 2016
  4. daanh Win User

After a reboot, printer seems to work again.

daanh, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. USB printer suddenly not seen at all - Similar Threads - USB printer suddenly

2. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN: i have three computer with windows 10 , as of 10 hours ago22-2-2022 , all of sudden all three of the computer come together with problem usb device not recognized , all my mouse and keyboard are out of order. im sure it has to do with the windows update ! it has no problem...
  3. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN: i have three computer with windows 10 , as of 10 hours ago22-2-2022 , all of sudden all three of the computer come together with problem usb device not recognized , all my mouse and keyboard are out of order. im sure it has to do with the windows update ! it has no problem...
  4. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ALL OF SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  6. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing: A Windows 10 laptop suddenly can't print. There are three printers that the PC can see and it is configured to print to. All three at the same time now show "driver unavailable" and I've lost control of, and connectivity to, those printers.Windows updates is current. There...
  7. All Printer Drivers Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Printer seen as offline

Printer seen as offline: Hi, Windows 10 on my laptop sees my printer offline, even if it's turned on since quite a while and I've already used it from other computers on my home network after turning it on. This happens pretty frequently, sometimes restarting the laptop updates the printer status,...
  9. PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN

PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN: My Printer is not working on Windows 10. I did everything from troubleshooting to unplugging the Printer, uninstall the Printer, then reinstalled it, nothing seems to work. I never had a problem with my Printer before...it just stopped working. Any suggestions on what I...
  10. Nook is seen as a USB drive

Nook is seen as a USB drive: Nook reset problem My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset. After it asks to choose a time zone, it goes to network connections "Let's get connected" and shows our home network with strong signal. When you try to continue...