Windows 10: usb printers not being detected

Discus and support usb printers not being detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new HP pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and it does not detect the usb printers plug into it. I've tried 2 hp printers with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by merlin2049er, Nov 2, 2017.

1. usb printers not being detected

Hi, I have a new HP pc upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and it does not detect the usb printers plug into it.

I've tried 2 hp printers with it. All the other usb devices connected do work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Joe

:)

merlin2049er, Nov 2, 2017
  2. John Zab Win User

USB Headset not being detected

Hi,

For this concern, you're actually right. It seems that the issue is with the headset. We recommend you contact the manufacturer to get the equipment checked.

Let us know if you have further questions.

John Zab, Nov 2, 2017
  3. USB Headset not being detected

Hey John,

Just wanted to say thanks for the assistance before we continue.

Anyways I followed the Fixit link but the program apparently doesn't support Windows 10 Operating System. Hopefully there's an alternative. I do not encounter the same issue with my present USB devices at the moment. Interestingly enough, I plugged my headset
    into a laptop and the same error popped up. Maybe its the headsets fault but you would know more than me.

What are your thoughts on this?

The Auburn Beard, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

usb printers not being detected

More than likely you will have to uninstall said printer and then reinstall it. Same thing happened to my HP printer. Once I did that it all worked as it should.

Plankton, Nov 2, 2017
  5. sam9 Win User

sam9, Nov 2, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    What is the make and model # of the HP Printer?
    Most printers need you to download the driver from the their web site
    HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support.
    During the driver install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB Cable to the computer.
    If you already have the printer USB cable plugged in, Press the Win key+X and choose Device Manager, if there are any devices with yellow flags, right click them and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable from the Computer end and restart the computer, and download the driver from the HP site and follow the instructions.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

usb printers not being detected

1. usb printers not being detected - Similar Threads - usb printers being

2. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  3. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  4. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  6. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  7. My USB headphones are not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  8. My USB headphones are not being detected

My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  9. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive: Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading....
  10. USB drive not detecting printer

USB drive not detecting printer: I am using a Microsoft book 2 and my USB not detecting printer. The computer detects my phone but does not stay connected; it just does cycles of connecting then disconnecting. Thanks, Ellis McClain...