Windows 10: USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Discus and support USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get this message when trying to use a Brother HL-5040 printer with my new Dell 3470 PC. The printer has worked for some days, then stops working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill Harshaw, Aug 24, 2018.

1. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

I get this message when trying to use a Brother HL-5040 printer with my new Dell 3470 PC. The printer has worked for some days, then stops working with no known reason that I can identify. It's listed under "printers" but when I send a document to print there's nothing in the queue. Have tried shutting down PC, disconnecting, and reconnecting--fail.

:)

Bill Harshaw, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Breit Win User

USB printing support

does anyone know if there is a way to kick that 'USB printing support' out of my device manager?
    i have a usb hub and if that hub is connected i have an unknown device called 'unknownprinter' which is connected to the usb printing support. i don't need that usb printing support an i don't want any unknown devices in my device manager so i have do get rid of that 'usb printing support'.
    any suggestions?

--breit

Breit, Aug 24, 2018
  3. USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer to my new Dell XPS tower, running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

While the printer shows as being connected to the PC, it will not print anything. When I run "troubleshooter" I first receive the alert
    "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0" and then am told
    "USB Printing Support cannot work with USB 3.0"

The Epson 3800 is connected to one of the USB 2.0 ports provided with the Dell XPS tower. I also have updated my printer driver to the latest one available from Epson.

Anybody have any idea how to resolve this problem?

RobertSmith_130, Aug 24, 2018
  4. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

USB 2.0 on older devices

Recently purchased a new USB 2.0 cord for my printer (Epson Stylus Photo R2880). Now I'm receiving a message: USB Printer Support can't work properly with USB 3.0. When I switched ports: USB Printing Support is an older device and might not work with USB

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

ZaireHumphrey, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

1. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - USB printing support

2. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  3. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  4. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  5. USB Printing Support

USB Printing Support: when i connected Printronix S809 USB cable into the PC, the USB Printing supports in the device manager gets yellow color ! mark and when update the drivers from the Microsoft Updates its get installed, next day when we power on the desktop again its gives same error and...
  6. HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device"

HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device": Seven days ago I posted: "USB Printing Support is an older USB device I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I...
  7. USB Printing Support is an older USB device

USB Printing Support is an older USB device: I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I could find and nothings worked. Windows 10 can't find the restore file...
  8. USB Device Not Supported

USB Device Not Supported: This has become another frustrating Windows10 problem. Suddenly getting note that the last USB device I installed isn't recognized, or words to that effect. I have followed recommendations to delete USB devices and that didn't work. I have checked for new drivers for all...
  9. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...
  10. USB Printing Support Driver

USB Printing Support Driver: I've been trying to fix this for our Epilog Zing laser engraver for over a week. I've searched the internet for this error, and have tried everything it said to do. I deleted the laser, and the software. Downloaded the firmware, software, and driver again and installed it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb printing support is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3.0

2. usb printing support is an older usb device

3. usb printing support cant work with usb 3.0

4. rinting support is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3.0,
  5. usb device is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3.0,
  6. epilog windows 10 usb wont work,
  7. usb printing support is an older usb device and might not work in usb3.0,
  8. usb support printer is an older usd device solution,
  9. usb printer support not working,
  10. usb printing support is an older usb device and might not work,
  11. print with old usb,
  12. error usb printer support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0 ?,
  13. epson wf-100 usb composite device is an older usb device and may not work with,
  14. billboard device is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3,
  15. usb print support wont work with usb 3.0