Windows 10: USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

Discus and support USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A problem has just occurred when I can no longer use my Epson XP-520 printer, as the USB Printer Support is no longer showing in the Device Manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogHil43, Apr 5, 2017.

1. RogHil43 Win User

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

A problem has just occurred when I can no longer use my Epson XP-520 printer, as the USB Printer Support is no longer showing in the Device Manager and therefore, unable to install the driver. The only way I can user printer is
    via the network driver.
    How do I correct this problem?

:)

RogHil43, Apr 5, 2017
  2. Compupix Win User

Windows 10 Seiko SLP 100 Printer Problems

I am unable to print from Windows 10 to my Seiko SLP-100 label printer. I updated the driver. I ran the Windows printer troubleshooter. No joy. The device manager for USB Printing Support shows Event IDs: 410 & 400.

The printer queue shows the label as printing, but doesn't print and has to be flushed.

Compupix, Apr 5, 2017
  3. USB controller missing from Device Manager

This is for the first "Unknown Device "
    USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager [​IMG]
    This
    is for the second:

cecastillo2001, Apr 5, 2017
  4. RogHil43 Win User

Can anyone help me with this problem?

RogHil43, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Is the printer still connected via USB? Have you checked the connections to make sure they are tight and secure? Have you tried a different USB port on the computer its connected to?

If none of these work, remove the printer from the Devices and Printers window.

Then go to the Device Manager and click on view, and select Show Hidden Devices.

First disconnect the USB cord for the printer from the computer, then expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers field and find any USB Printing Support entries that are greyed out. If this is the only printer, this should be easy. Right click on the one that is greyed out and click Uninstall Device, then click uninstall.

Make sure the printer is turned on and in ready state, then reconnect the USB cord for the printer to the same USB port on the computer that you had it connected to.

ArazelEternal, Apr 7, 2017
  6. Could you be more specific to the actual sequence of events / what's going on when you try to install?
    • What happens when you try installing the driver? Is it the software install that fails with an error? What are the actual error message(s) that appear
    • I see several different drivers listed on the Epson site for your model. Could you give me a link to the one you're trying to install?
    • If it's the driver install that's failing, could you run it one more time? Then zip file C:\Winodows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and attach it to your next post

ComputerGeek, Apr 7, 2017
  7. RogHil43 Win User
    All I have on Universal Serial Bus is WSD Print=Epson 06F01E Epson XP-520 Series printer which I had to install to be able to
    use my printer again. There is definately no Printer Support showing but the in View Devices and Printers, it shows both the local printer and the network printer.
    When I try installing the local printer driver, it just hangs and nothing happens, I guess this is because it cannot find the Printer Support.

RogHil43, Apr 7, 2017
  8. USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

Are you saying you see two different Epson printer icons in Devices and Printers?? One for the network, the other the local USB Epson printer? Is the local printer icon greyed out??

That would imply the driver is installed but, if greyed out, the printer isn't detected. Is the USB cable securely attached? Try a different port. And the printer turned on.

btw By default, Device Manager only displays detected devices (cabled and powered on). USB Printer Support won't appear in Device Manager until the local printer is installed and detected.

If USB Printer Support driver were missing i'd expect the installation would error with "Driver not found". I believe hanging is a different issue. I saw several different downloads on the Epson site for your model.

Are you installing a "driver only" download? (Not one that includes Epson utilities). And are you 32 or 64 bit Windows (doesn't say in your specs)

ComputerGeek, Apr 8, 2017
  9. RogHil43 Win User
    Currently,the network printer is greyed out but has the default tick. The local printer isn't greyed out.
    Changing ports doesn't make any difference, all connections are secure and that was one of the first things I checked.

No, there is no message when installing driver, it just hangs halfway and doesn't do anything.

I am using the 64 bit driver but will have a look at the download site. However, the installation disc downloads the latest drives and software, which I have already tried, but still with the same result.

RogHil43, Apr 8, 2017
  10. Please run the following tool. It'll display info about all device drivers installed and might include info on the usb printer as well.

• Download DevManview for x64
    • Extract the files to your Desktop. Double click the file to run DevManview.exe
    • Now Ctrl-A to select all then Ctrl-S to Save
    • Be sure to change Save as type to Tab Delimited Text (.txt) and save the file to your Desktop
    Attach the file to your next post

ComputerGeek, Apr 8, 2017
  11. RogHil43 Win User
    Attached is data from DevManview.

RogHil43, Apr 9, 2017
  12. I took a snapshot of and highlighted the rows of interest in DevManView

It shows Epson drivers installed. It also shows USB Printing Support drivers installed (the second of the two USB Print Support rows is for your Epson printer). But it also says the printer wasn't detected at the time you ran the tool. Sorry, I forgot to have you turn on printer on before running the report. Sorry.
    Could you please run again with printer turned on?
    • When you turn printer on/off are you hearing the USB connect/disconnect "ding-dong" sounds?
    • Open Device Manager. Show hidden devices.
      • Anything change under the Printer or USB Categories as you turn printer on/off
      • When you turn the printer on, do you see an Unknown Device under USB?

ComputerGeek, Apr 9, 2017
  13. RogHil43 Win User

I am sure I had the printer turned on but anyway, have done the report again as attached.

01-No, there is no USB "ding dong" sound when printer is turned on and off, and cannot recall this ever happening.

02-There is nothing there when I try showing hidden devices.

03- No, there is no :Unknown Device showing.

RogHil43, Apr 10, 2017
  14. Windows is not detecting your printer. Try a different USB cable

When you insert/remove a flash drive do you hear the "ding-dong"? Should be true for your printer as well

To easily see when Windows detects USB h/w, download and run USBTreeView. The display should refresh as you connect/disconnect USB devices. In my example below you'll see
    • USB Mass Storage Device (is a flash drive in this case)
    • A web cam
    • A USB Composite device (is my USB wireless mouse/keyboard transceiver.)

Also note, Windows doesn't need the device driver to detect plug and play h/w (like your USB printer). It only needs the driver to identify the device and use it's functionality. That means USBTreeView will show USB h/w detection whether or not the device driver is installed or not. (Detected h/w with no driver often appear with names like "Unknown" or appear in Device Manager under a "Other device" category.

See what happens as you connect/disconnect your printer.

ComputerGeek, Apr 10, 2017
  15. RogHil43 Win User
    No, there is no ding dong sound whatever I remove, but guess what? It's all working again, but I don't know how it happened,
    although I did get an update message yesterday telling me there was a driver update, but after installing, nothing changed so maybe it need a re-boot. Also, no problem with the USB connections.
    Anyway, thanks for your help with this situation.

RogHil43, Apr 11, 2017
Thema:

1. USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager - Similar Threads - USB Printing Support

2. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  3. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  4. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  5. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  6. Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager

Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager: Hi, please can someone help with the following? I've attached an external HD to my laptop and although I hear it connecting when I plug it in nothing happens, it does not show on my list of devices on my laptop and when I check the Device Manager I have no Generic USB Hub....
  7. USB Controller missing from Device Manager

USB Controller missing from Device Manager: I am using a HP 650 Notebook was trying to transfer all files and reset the full windows so I bought a portable drive. But the problem I found is USB doesnt work and so I went to device manager to see whether the drives is update and I dont even find any USB controller....
  8. USB Printing Support

USB Printing Support: when i connected Printronix S809 USB cable into the PC, the USB Printing supports in the device manager gets yellow color ! mark and when update the drivers from the Microsoft Updates its get installed, next day when we power on the desktop again its gives same error and...
  9. USB Printing Support is an older USB device

USB Printing Support is an older USB device: I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I could find and nothings worked. Windows 10 can't find the restore file...
  10. Missing USB device in Device Manager

Missing USB device in Device Manager: I have a dell xps 9365 and there are only 2 type c port. And one is not working any more. I tried to see the changes in device manager when I insert a USB flash drive, but there is nothing happen, even in the hidden divices. Would you please offer me some solutions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing printer on divice manager

2. usb printing support missing