Windows 10: USB problem after sleep mode

Discus and support USB problem after sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When my computer is reawakened from sleep mode I get several warnings: It warns me that the battery backup is no longer connected; and several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by steam643, Mar 25, 2016.

1. steam643 Win User

USB problem after sleep mode

When my computer is reawakened from sleep mode I get several warnings: It warns me that the battery backup
    is no longer connected; and several warnings that the USB device last connected has malfunctioned. At first I
    thought it was the printer because I couldn't print so I tried to reinstall the drivers which was no help.
    This led me to the Control Panel, Devices and PRINTERS where in the line called "Unspecified" there was
    another icon in there for my printer. I right clicked on that printer icon, selected the troubleshoot
    option which brought up an option to apply a fix. After restarting everything worked again, printer,
    bat. backup, flash memory sticks and in Devices & Printers Unspecified there is only one item. I thought
    I had everything fixed but I was wrong. The next time I opened up the computer all of the warnings and
    Devices & Printer icons came back. This time I know what to do, use the troubleshooter, but that's a temporary
    fix. Could someone here guide me towards a permanent fix? Almost every time I let the computer sleep it dose
    this, there have been a few times it woke up and was normal. May be it's having nightmares or something*chuckle.
    This all started with the up grade to Windows 10.

Thanks

:)

steam643, Mar 25, 2016

2. USB 3.0 support in Windows 10

Hi Vinodh,

I have connected the HDD and USB Stick on USB 3.0 port. I am able to access data but at USB 2.0 speed.

I have tried the method provided on the given link but the problem is still there.

I have found that whenever i restart my computer USB port works on USB 3.0 mode. The problem occur after the sleep mode or default shutdown option.

So i suspect that there is some issue in windows sleep mode and hybrid shutdown.

bhatia_varun, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Surface Pro 2, windows 10, won't stay asleep

I have just tried sleep mode with my USB mouse and chip removed from the tablet. NO PROBLEMS! Tried three sleep sessions with no awakening.

I reinstalled the USB mouse - guess what - sleep still works OK and does not awake after the previous short time.

Albatros67, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

USB problem after sleep mode

1. USB problem after sleep mode - Similar Threads - USB problem sleep

2. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode problem: When I went to sleep mode my mobile hotspot and ethernetvwill stop working as well. What should I do to make it work on sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/cb9c1211-8dbd-470e-9be5-6194d1599f44
  3. Problem with Sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Sleep mode after update: So pre-update i'd leave apps running and enter sleep mode they would keep running which is what i wanted. post update the apps are put on pause and only resume when turned back on. So is there a way to fix this or if not reverse the update. Really don't like it when the...
  4. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  5. problem with display after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with display after sleep mode: hey. so i have gaming laptop, now its working on the battery i woke up my pc from sleep mode and that what happens every time , what can cuse this ? https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png https://i.imgur.com/GRknaDM.png submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  6. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  7. Problem with Sleep Mode

Problem with Sleep Mode: When I activate the sleep mode the screen turn off, but some minutes later when I try to turn on the laptop and the laptop don't turn on, so I start to touch all the keys but the screen keep turn off and the laptop is still on....
  8. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode problem: Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to...
  9. Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Problem: When entering sleep mode, my computer displays a gray screen. Does anyone know why? 6952
  10. Problem with SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with SLEEP mode: I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions please? 31439