Windows 10: USB read Perfectly fine On Windows 10, but is only "Noticed" on Win7

Discus and support USB read Perfectly fine On Windows 10, but is only "Noticed" on Win7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm slightly a bit confused but to my USB's history, (That only just reformatted on Windows 10 like yesterday from a previous state of being a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SotoPrior Win User

USB read Perfectly fine On Windows 10, but is only "Noticed" on Win7

I'm slightly a bit confused but to my USB's history, (That only just reformatted on Windows 10 like yesterday from a previous state of being a "Bootable disk".) I plugged it into my coworker's windows 10 computer getting expected results of what a 16 GB flash drive should have got, but when I'm plugging it into my work station tower, (which unfortunately suffers a lot of where and tear on the USB ports most especially, but otherwise have clear distinct working ones regardless.) show's no results on the file explorer's end, but as you see included in this post, is clearly visible otherwise to the tower itself as a USB thumb drive. Appearing to have the same results on my partner's workstation tower as well. Obviously I've only yet to test this out further on other machines, but this has me a bit confused, annoyed, nervous, and angry you know? I have files to transfer manually to people on a quick moment's notice to some machines that are offline to the network, and suddenly this little predicament comes this way. (Doesn't help that the machines here need to have been replaced/fixed/thrown out a long time ago,) I'm just mottled by the whole thing you know?

USB read Perfectly fine On Windows 10, but is only "Noticed" on Win7 [​IMG]

Also To my knowledge, the hard drive has automatically been disabled in turn for server based logins. So these Logins are technically "virtual" to all I know. Assuming that affects any of this in anyway.

:)

SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Oct 16, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Oct 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Open Device Manager, show hidden devices and delete any remnants of USB drives that have not been ejected in USB devices and drives. Does not matter about if you think that the computers need to be changed. Some of us have computers over ten years old that are still working fine.

bro67, Oct 16, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried opening disk management, see if it shows there, and assign a drive letter to the partition on the flash drive?

NavyLCDR, Oct 16, 2017
  6. SotoPrior Win User
    Appears on Disk management but something about the "Disk management," needs to be updated. So it's there reading it's assigned drivers, but otherwise, (once attempted to read,) shows no further details than that. Furthermore, attempting to manually assign it a letter results in said error with the disk management. (Personally, as this is an office computer, I lack the login credentials to just manually restart everything again.) Instead I've reformatted the USB to "factory defults," or whatever windows 10 put it. I already have a back up of the files so idk otherwise.

SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017
  7. SotoPrior Win User
    Update,
    No such luck. I have noticed that the Windows 7 has been read as EUI on the disk management screen, and even after reformatted from FAT32 (default,) to NTFS, it would appear the same EUI so far.

SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Windows will automatically download a driver if needed for a USB device. Disk Management does not have anything to do with drivers. If a USB device shows errors, either it is going bad, was not properly ejected or there are errors in the data that is stored on it. It has zero to do with what version of Windows you are using or what you are swapping that thumb drive between.

bro67, Oct 16, 2017
  9. SotoPrior Win User
    Well my thumb drive isn't bad, (Noticed perfectly fine on Windows 10.) It's just the whole fact that none of the computers of windows 7 so far that I've tested it on, have so far, only pronounced that it is within the computer, (as in the image at the top,) but nothing further in terms of being able to identify, retrieve from, and modify. The drives are In the device just fine, (as in they both show that they are working fine,) but no identifiable information is viewable, even with the "populate," option being pressed. I can't use this as a thumb drive for these computers no more, and I don't know why.

SotoPrior, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB read Perfectly fine On Windows 10, but is only "Noticed" on Win7 - Similar Threads - USB read Perfectly

2. changing a USB drive that is a read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing a USB drive that is a read only: changing a USB drive that is a read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-usb-drive-that-is-a-read-only/8a92c136-af0d-4610-9681-73e37a5a7660
  3. changing a USB drive that is a read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing a USB drive that is a read only: changing a USB drive that is a read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-usb-drive-that-is-a-read-only/8a92c136-af0d-4610-9681-73e37a5a7660
  4. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only fat32 usb: I have a REALLY old fat32 formatted usb with 8gigs on it that is somehow formatted to read only. how would i go about regaining ownership? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-fat32-usb/f80270e1-b65f-4791-9762-418466d4822e
  5. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read only fat32 usb: I have a REALLY old fat32 formatted usb with 8gigs on it that is somehow formatted to read only. how would i go about regaining ownership? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-fat32-usb/f80270e1-b65f-4791-9762-418466d4822e
  6. Read only fat32 usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB not working (read-only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB not working (read-only): [ATTACH] Please can someone Enlighten me just WHAT THE HELL am I supposed to do here. how to clear current read-only state!! At first it started giving error during format then I cleared read-only but I did not pay attention to (CURRENT READ-ONLY STATE : YES) then when I...
  8. No internet access but works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access but works perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] No internet access but works perfectly fine for everything but windows apps. I think some other people are getting this as well. I've tried every fix i have found on the internet and none have worked. It is my desktop only in my house that has the issue. I can...
  9. Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.: Hi,I've this issue where my folders created has this black square on the read-only box.As shown in the pictureWhen i untick it it would be still the same but when the files are read-only,When i untick it files would become non read-only but not the folder.All helps are...
  10. Read-only USB and ESENT error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Read-only USB and ESENT error: I have a problem I don't know how to solve. - I have a USB with an "only-read" state (no viruses, probably from taking it out without the proper measures). - I have tried multiples times to clear the read-only problem to be able to format the USB. I have tried using...