Windows 10: USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ??

Discus and support USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows 10 does an update do you have to do a new recovery disk for system changes ?? 80905 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeGred, Apr 3, 2017.

1. MikeGred Win User

USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ??

When Windows 10 does an update do you have to do a new recovery disk for system changes ??

:)

MikeGred, Apr 3, 2017

2. How to formate hidden recovery partitions of Lenovo G510 laptop

Lenovo G series redone after 8.1 or 10 to update recovery for each upgrade. Free version Aomei paiad you can customize to Lenovo

OctavianQR, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Can we not create a system repair disk within a folder on a blank 4.7 GB DVD+RW Pro disk, and related questions

I don't believe there is any technical reason that a DVD+RW (or any common writable optical disk media) cannot be made to be a bootable disk.

Recovery Drive USB

• If you make a Recovery Drive USB, without including the System files, it only uses a little over 300MB and is bootable. It still includes Windows Repair Environment, so that provides a lot of usable Tools if you cannot boot from your hard disk for some
      reason.
    • I presume that one with System files includes not only the generic Windows 10, but also other hardware drivers specific to that PC, which causes the size to vary from one PC to the next.
    • The other variable is if the hard disk is MBR-initialized (Legacy BIOS mode) or GPT-initialized (UEFI BIOS mode) as this also changes the partition layout used if doing a "clean-install" of Windows 10.
    • You want to have a Recovery Drive USB that matches your current version of Windows 10, rather than one made from a prior version, but this can easily be redone after each version upgrade (the next one, called the Creators Update, is expected in Spring 2017).
      So you should update your Windows Media Creation Tool-produced USB with the
      current version 1607 of Windows 10
    • Any remaining space on a Recovery Drive USB can be used for other files. (I just added an ESD file from the latest Insider Preview of Windows 10 to my 16GB Recovery Drive USB, which gives me everything that I would need to install 2 versions of Windows
      10).
    System Repair Disk

• There is no purpose served in having a Windows 7 style System Repair Disk if you have the Recovery Drive USB. It provides a similar function, but is on DVD or CD media, with more limited capacity (per disk) than is inexpensively available on an often faster
      USB flash drive.
    • As with a Recovery Drive USB, you would want a current Windows 10 version System Repair Disk, rather than one from an earlier Windows 10 version.
    Windows install media on USB or DVD (Media Creation Tool)

• The current Media Creation Tool can be used to create generic Windows 10 install media on USB or DVD or to just download an ISO file (which can be mounted in Windows or used to create a bootable DVD or USB).
    • This can be redone after each version upgrade of Windows 10. 4GB media is large enough.
    • Using generic Windows 10 install media (for a clean install) could potentially result in the installation of newer hardware drivers (if what is on your Recovery Drive has been updated) but often some drivers have to be downloaded via Windows Update or from
      the manufacturer. The need to download drivers makes the Recovery Drive method potentially faster to complete than using generic Windows media. No matter what method is used, hardware drivers can be installed or upgraded at any time.

Don Cuthbert, Apr 3, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You do not need to do it after normal updates, but you do need to redo it when the build is upgraded e.g. from AU version to CU version.

cereberus, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    If you do not tick the 'include system files' then the recovery drive just contains the boot files and recovery environment tools. As far as I can tell these have not changed since the first version 10240 was launched.

Bree, Apr 3, 2017
  6. MikeGred Win User
    I do tick the the "include the system files" hence my inquiry re fresh save after each update

MikeGred, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. USB recovery USB need to be redone after each update ?? - Similar Threads - USB recovery USB

2. USb recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USb recovery: if I put files in a usb then remove them can they still be recovered on the usb?so lets say I put my meme videos on a usb then remove them from the usb to a folder on my PC then if I were to sell that usb could those meme videos be recovered on that USB...
  3. USb recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USb recovery: if I put files in a usb then remove them can they still be recovered on the usb?so lets say I put my meme videos on a usb then remove them from the usb to a folder on my PC then if I were to sell that usb could those meme videos be recovered on that USB...
  4. USB Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Recovery: I'm trying to do a USB recovery, and I am at the stage where I need to reset my computer Surface Book 2 by holding down the volume down button while pressing and releasing the power button; however, it's not taking me to the reset screen. It just starts like normal by going...
  5. Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery USB: Hello, Can I use a Recovery USB drive created on a different machine? Both target & source are Win 10 x64 Pro. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-usb/afb2e7cb-640a-44c7-a308-8dbd788537fd
  6. Need help with recovery usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with recovery usb: I was creating a recovery usb using sandisk cruzer blade 8 gb usb but the recovery creation process failed abruptly and now the drive is write protected with some boot files present in it. Tried all the conventional methods to no avail, so if anyone could help! submitted by...
  7. recovery usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery usb: I have an acer laptop which started life with windows 8 - it has upgraded to windows 10. I want to create a recovery usb and have followed the instructions but instead of 4gb the system is asking for 32gb - any idea why and whether it can be fixed...
  8. USB order recovery USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB order recovery USB: Error code ( 3FO ) Hp pavilion 15cc laptop. Win10 Operating system download link and instructions please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-order-recovery-usb/69ee974c-bf5d-4caa-aedb-70a00e380bac
  9. USB recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB recovery: How do I reinstall windows 10 from my usb recovery drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-recovery/656a8ecf-fe38-4461-b7b1-d29d9274d6b6
  10. Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery USB: Error Message: A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive? My recovery Partition: 12.28 GB Recovery Utilities: 700MB USB Drive: 16 GB Windows 10 38029