Windows 10: USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery

Discus and support USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I import pictures from my sd card via a usb stick - when I insert the usb into the pc photo gallery launches and asks me what device I want to import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by quarkrad, Apr 24, 2016.

1. quarkrad Win User

USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery

I import pictures from my sd card via a usb stick - when I insert the usb into the pc photo gallery launches and asks me what device I want to import from. On my pc the usb/sd card device is always f:/ (I always use the same port). Is there a way of telling win10 that when ever I plug my usb/sd combo into the same port it launches photo gallery without asking me what device to import from?

:)

quarkrad, Apr 24, 2016

2. WP8.1 can't see my Photos on my SD-Card

Is not helped in my case.

What helped is removing all Photos from SD-card and copy them back to SD-card.

It takes 2 hours, but after it all Photos become visible in Gallery.

Tychina Artur, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 photo import settings

Some success ...

• Inserted the SD card, cancelled out of the truly awful Win10 Photo viewer offering.
    • Opened Windows Explorer, right-click on the SD card
    • Open Autoplay
    • View Pictures, Photo Gallery
      • You do need to have Photo Gallery already installed
    • This brings up the first photo in the photo viewer
    • Edit, organise or share
    • Hooray! It brought up the Win7/8-style photo importer, which works just as well as it always did.
    • Check the Autoplay Settings for Memory Card
      • View Pictures (Photo Gallery)
      • This option wasn't previously offered
    Now, whenever I plug in an SD card, Win10 automatically opens it up in the (old style) photo viewer, and Edit, organise or share takes me to the import wizard, as desired.

Douglas Royds, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Wullail, Apr 24, 2016
  5. quarkrad Win User
    Thank you. Yes I've done that but when I plug in the usb stick I still get asked (within photo gallery) what letter drive I want to import from.

quarkrad, Apr 26, 2016
  6. Wullail Win User
    Anything you can set up using 'autoplay settings' from the command line?

Wullail, Apr 26, 2016
  7. quarkrad Win User
    Sorry - I do not understand your reply. Are you asking me to enter some commands in the terminal?

quarkrad, Apr 26, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Strange issue.
    I use usb cable to import photos from my Cannon camera. I do not have your problem.
    I am looking forward to see your solution.

davidhk, Apr 26, 2016
  9. Wullail Win User
    Under System Settings , theres the 'autoplay settings' option , 2 boxes , one of which is 'Memory card' and a selection of what to do when one is inserted....You can get there by typing 'autoplay settings' in the search box.

Wullail, Apr 26, 2016
  10. quarkrad Win User
    To be clear - I'm taking the memory card out of the camera and putting it into either a usb multi card reader and plugging the card reader into the pc or putting the sd card into a dedicated memory stick and plugging that into the pc. I had a look at the options under memory card and they are Import Photos and Videos (Photos), Play (Windows media player), Take no action, Open folder to view (File explorer), Ask me every time. At the moment the option is Import Photos and Videos (Photos). When I plug either multi card reader of the memory stick into the pc photo gallery auto launches but the first windows I'm presented with is a choice of what device to connect to. On my pc I have to choose device k: and Photo Gallery connects to K: (i.e. my sd card). What I'm trying to do (if it is possible) is to tell win10/Photo Gallery that K: is always my camera card so go straight to it - do not ask me what device to connect to.

quarkrad, Apr 27, 2016
  11. Wullail Win User
    Yeah , I got that , it's a limitation of windows photo gallery , it'll always ask you for the device to import from , I used to use a bit of software from Cannon to import photos from my SD cards and cameras , it used to import automatically without asking me , but I no longer have the disk.

davidhk mentioned he does a similar thing, perhaps he has the info re: the cannon software.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB/SD Card to Photo Gallery - Similar Threads - USB Card Photo

2. Photos on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on SD card: Hi. I have windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I use a camera, not a phone, to take photos. Until the last few days, when I inserted my SD card, the autoplay would automatically send the photos to the Photos App, AND download them to the pictures app? file folder in the...
  3. Uploading photos for an sd card

Uploading photos for an sd card: How to I create a folder and then upload photos from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos-for-an-sd-card/b38ec5df-4f3c-476e-b466-c0ec2107afe2
  4. Importing Photos from SD Card

Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  5. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  6. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  7. Deleted SD card photos I want to retrieve still viewable in MS Photo app gallery - can I...

Deleted SD card photos I want to retrieve still viewable in MS Photo app gallery - can I...: My fantastic linx tablet was showing me photos in file explorer at the root drive, after it had just transferred them (or so I thought) neatly to an organised folder. Deleted what I thought were duplicates, went to the folder, no photos. In the meantime, the photos are...
  8. Uploading photos from an SD Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uploading photos from an SD Card: I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB. On Windows 7, on Windows Settings I preset it so the Folder would be put on my H:/Pictures I set Autoplay so when I did this a little window would...
  9. Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Gallery: How do I move from one picture to another in Photo Gallery WITHOUT Slide Show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/71525ccf-6da8-431f-9f49-4b2ead1a70cb
  10. Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Gallery: How do I copy a photo from one folder to another (in Photo Gallery)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-gallery/1408aca9-4d5f-4811-acd6-921049531f59