Windows 10: usb serial converter not working

Discus and support usb serial converter not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rick Page1, Feb 29, 2024.

1. usb serial converter not working

rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything

:)

Rick Page1, Feb 29, 2024

2. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

Hi, here to work with you on this issue.

If Windows is indicating that the USB to serial converter won't start and suggests reloading the driver, but you've already attempted that and it still doesn't work, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Unplug and reconnect the USB to serial converter: Disconnect the converter from your computer's USB port and wait for a few seconds. Then plug it back in, ensuring it is securely connected. Sometimes, a simple reconnection can resolve connection issues.

2. Try a different USB port: Connect the USB to serial converter to a different USB port on your computer. It's possible that the current port you're using is experiencing problems, and trying a different one might help.

3. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a system restart can fix driver-related issues. Restart your computer and see if the USB to serial converter starts working after the reboot.

4. Update the driver manually: Even if Windows claims the correct driver is installed, there's a possibility that it may be outdated or corrupted. You can try manually updating the driver by following these steps:

a. Go to the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Device Manager" from the menu.

b. In the Device Manager window, locate the USB to serial converter. It might be listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers."

c. Right-click on the USB to serial converter and select "Update driver" from the context menu.

d. Choose the option to manually search for the driver. You can either provide the specific driver file if you have it or let Windows search online for the latest driver version.

e. If Windows finds an updated driver, follow the on-screen instructions to install it. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and check if the converter starts working.

5. Contact the manufacturer's support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to the manufacturer's support for further assistance. They may provide specific troubleshooting steps or advice tailored to your USB to serial converter model.

Remember to provide as much information as possible when contacting support, such as the make and model of the USB to serial converter and the version of Windows you're using.

I hope this is helpful. If you require any additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond to this.

Regards,

Same Jack Son, Feb 29, 2024
  3. AT91 USB to Serial Converter

I use a PEN to convert data coming from an USB port to ZigBee protocol.

Driver is AT91 USB to Serial Converter installed by windows the first time I plug the pen.

This hardware worked perfectly with windows 7 but since I migrated to windows 10,

an error appears in device manager each time I plug the pen.

Error is: this device cannot start (code 10)

Domi Fernandes, Feb 29, 2024
  4. usb serial converter not working

Serial Mouse via USB not detected

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 10 and my mouse no longer works. Its a specific adapted mouse (for disability) that connects via Serial (9-pin) into a Serial-USB converter cable. The converter cable gets detected ok (as Prolific Serial-USB Adapter) but the Serial mouse running on the end of it doesn't work/get detected.

In Windows 7 it works fine and needed no addition drivers other than the the Prolific adapter. Can I tell if Windows is detecting its presence? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Russ,

rustytulip, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

usb serial converter not working

1. usb serial converter not working - Similar Threads - usb serial converter

2. usb serial converter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb serial converter not working: rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-converter-not-working/4a2cad08-13e9-48e1-80dd-55bda0e01a61
  3. usb serial converter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb serial converter not working: rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-converter-not-working/4a2cad08-13e9-48e1-80dd-55bda0e01a61
  4. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  5. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  6. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error: I am trying to install a driver to use a camera I own. When I install the provided driver, windows installed tells me there is a newer version already installed and I cannot install the old one. The newer driver is not compatible and I need the old one, but I cannot find the...
  7. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error: I am trying to install a driver to use a camera I own. When I install the provided driver, windows installed tells me there is a newer version already installed and I cannot install the old one. The newer driver is not compatible and I need the old one, but I cannot find the...
  8. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows10 V2004 / USB-Serial converter

Windows10 V2004 / USB-Serial converter: Since updating Windows 10 to version 2004, all of my customers have encountered problems with USB-Serial converters containing the PL2303 RA chip of Prolific. After each restart of the computer, the COM port which is correctly recognized in the device manager no longer works....
  10. Can't get Prolific USB to Serial to work

Can't get Prolific USB to Serial to work: I've read that if I install an older driver it should work. But I seem unable to even get an older driver to install. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. Any suggestions? 33318