Windows 10: usb stopped working

Discus and support usb stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, have a problem with usb drivers according to my control panel which says it is fixing the issue and then tells me to reboot but it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alecw, Jan 18, 2016.

1. alecw Win User

usb stopped working

Hi all, have a problem with usb drivers according to my control panel which says it is fixing the issue and then tells me to reboot but it is not fixed. Keyboard lights up on start but when the first blue window appears it goes off. I can get into the bios ok and the keyboard works there. only one port is working (USB3). as my mouse and keyboard are usb and there is no PS2 port i am kinda cactus at the moment. Been searching for usb drivers for win 10 but not having any luck. Everything was working fine since November until yesterday. would appreciate any help. Regards Alec

:)

alecw, Jan 18, 2016

2. USB wired or USB wireless mouse stopped working. Not longer recognized in Windows 10

Others have experienced this have resolved the issue by performing a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2016
  3. RamiAylie Win User
    USB wired or USB wireless mouse stopped working. Not longer recognized in Windows 10

Hello.

I have had windows 10 on this computer for about two or more years now (I don't really remember when I upgraded from windows 8.1).

Yesterday I powered on my computer and the wireless mouse was no longer working. I tried another mouse, the same, nothing. I realized any mouse I plug in wired or wireless would not get recognized.

In the device manager, it shows under Other Devices with ! mark on it. The update would not work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling or uninstall -> restart but also nothing.

I tried in the power option to disable fast startup but also nothing.

I tried deleting all USB devices in the USB manager and then restarting, but also nothing.

I have been tooling with this for 3 days it's driving me insane. I can't stand working from the mouse touch pad. It's very impractical.

An hour ago, I took a bluetooth mouse from my brother, and Surprise, it does work. So clearly only USB mice don't work.

I read articles that suggested deleting lower and upper limits in the registry but I could not see any upper limits and lower limit values in there. So I didn't find that method applicable to me unless I was doing it wrong.

It seems that many other people ran into this problem and simply ended up having to reinstall the OS. I really really dont want to do that.

Any ideas how to solve this?

RamiAylie, Jan 18, 2016
  4. robgr Win User

usb stopped working

Try sfc /scannow (run elevated command prompt)

robgr, Jan 18, 2016
  5. alecw Win User
    thanks tried that using onscreen keyboard one click at a time and it started doing the scan then gives me "windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. verification phase got to 38% complete

alecw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

usb stopped working

1. usb stopped working - Similar Threads - usb stopped working

2. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  3. USB Port Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port Stopped Working: Hello one of my USB stopped working. I tried uninstalling the Driver and I have reset PC, ran sfc /scannow and still doesn't work. It work before and nothing changed when it stopped. I updated chipset driver and motherboard. When the pc restarted the faulty ports will light...
  4. USB Port Stopped Working

USB Port Stopped Working: Hello one of my USB stopped working. I tried uninstalling the Driver and I have reset PC, ran sfc /scannow and still doesn't work. It work before and nothing changed when it stopped. I updated chipset driver and motherboard. When the pc restarted the faulty ports will light...
  5. Printer Stopped Working On USB

Printer Stopped Working On USB: Starting roughly around the installation of update OS 22621.105, my long-standing ability to print via USB to a Canon G3260 stopped. The printer driver shows "Printer not responding". Test pages from the driver, as well as pages from any app, will show up in the printer queue...
  6. USB Ports stop working

USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  7. USB camera that stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB camera that stopped working: I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I do not see camera listed on device manager, I do hear it ding with connected....
  8. USB stops working randomly

USB stops working randomly: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  9. Usb Stopped Working

Usb Stopped Working: Hi, a while ago i had problems with my usb external drive. It has 300gb on there and i still have files on there i'd like to keep, so i can't format it. I have tried another forums suggestions but all failed Basically, it worked for a long time, then randomly stopped...
  10. usb ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb ports stopped working: my usb ports stopped working on the front of my pc, the rear ones work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/usb-ports-stopped-working/2e5cac25-f69e-4334-94a4-a4d7b0b7c881