Windows 10: USB to 9 pin socket problem

Discus and support USB to 9 pin socket problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Reluctant to loose the use of my old flight simulator as Windows 10 won't recognize it when using a normal joystick and playing any early versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by westmoors, Aug 24, 2018.

1. westmoors Win User

USB to 9 pin socket problem

Reluctant to loose the use of my old flight simulator as Windows 10 won't recognize it when using a normal joystick and playing any early versions of flight simulators I found a converter is available that overcomes the problem but the joystick must have a 9 pin plug at the end of it's cable in order to connect to the converter

The 9 pin plug arrangement was fitted to game controllers years ago but nowadays only male USB plugs are used which makes things difficult because I cannot locate a suitable cable adapter ( female USB to 9 pin plug) or even a one piece adapter in Amazon or E.bay , and wondered if anyone knew of one or knew of a suitable alternative. Thanks for any replies

:)

westmoors, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Tintai Win User

(USB) 9 pin to x2 9 pin

mPCIe Combo and internal USB 2.0

Hi

It is possible to buy adapted 9 pin to x2 9 pin? I know it's one 9 pin port support 4 USB 2.0. Yes?

@ edit: No... 20 pin support 4 USB 2 but I want 5 USB 2 and 2 USB 3. Any idea?

I must have three onboard 9 pin connector.

I have new idea. On my mobo I have mPCIe Combo. There is an option to put interial USB to this Combo?

Thanks
    ~Tintai

Tintai, Aug 24, 2018
  3. hoax32 Win User
    USB Pin Adapter

I was looking for a PCI card that has the 9 pin header for usb devices.

hoax32, Aug 24, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. USB to 9 pin socket problem - Similar Threads - USB pin socket

2. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  3. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  4. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Enabling USB Type C (Thunderbolt) socket

Enabling USB Type C (Thunderbolt) socket: I have a desktop using a GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 1151 7th gen ddr4 rgb fusion motherboard, which includes a USB Type C port also described as a Thunderbolt 3 port. I've just purchased a new HP Z38C monitor, which includes some USB ports, however, to use them a cable must be plugged...
  6. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB "No socket information available"?

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB "No socket information available"?: Please look at the pictures! Thanks ;) Hello, Since I downloaded a driver update (Focusrite_USB_4.63.24.564) from the official Focusrite (Downloads | Customer Portal), Windows 10 shows me "No socket information available". My boxes (KRK Rokit 5, but still works, do I...
  7. Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket: My problem is a USB keyboard and a mouse. Whenever I plug them in the USB port on my Asus laptop connected to the socket, they won’t work. However when I start this laptop from the battery, the keyboard and the mouse are working without any problems. I check whether this...
  8. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...
  9. Problem with earphone jack and socket....

Problem with earphone jack and socket....: Still getting used to Win 10 but due to poorish hearing have always used earphone's with an amplifier on Win7. However on Win 10 the headphone icon by the socket on the side of the laptop (Lenovo G50) looks as though it's blanked off, though there is a thin circle around it...
  10. Sockets error ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sockets error ????: Hi there Why does Windows Networking have to be so Horrible -- I've run loads of Linux machines with NO network problems at all -- but Windows networking always causes hassle -- sometimes even on machines that have worked suddenly stop working for no reason I can find....