Windows 10: USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

Discus and support USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a USB wifi antenna which is much stronger and in the menu in the lower right I dont get to choose a network which is much closer than the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steffan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Steffan Win User

USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

I have a USB wifi antenna which is much stronger and in the menu in the lower right I dont get to choose a network which is much closer than the one which it does actually connect to, BUT the integrated wifi card in the laptop sees at the lowest signal strength and even connects to it. I didn't choose to forget that network in order not to see it in the list for the USB wifi adapter... What could be causing this problem?

:)

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018

2. Wifi setting tab missing!

Is there any update on it? I just got the same problem.

It happened after installing a new driver (Huion H610 Pro), I've uninstalled the new driver, but it didn't resolve the WiFi menu, also the WiFi doesnt connect. I can see the adapter, but they have the red cross showing they arent connected to a WiFi network.
    I've tried to connect different WiFi adapter, but no luck.

FabrícioPimenta de Avila, Feb 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - network doesnt work on notebook ASUS k750j

Hey everyone.

Just updated to windows 10 from 8.1, without any problems.

After update, my network doesnt work at all.

* I cant see any WiFi spots (WiFi enabled, Airmode disabled).

* I cant connect to network directly through cable

Also, all drivers installed correctly by Plug and play.

I even tried to download drivers for my wifi adapter manualy, but sadly, that didnt help me at all.

I got ASUS K750J.

Network adapters are:

Qualcomm Alheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

and it worked perfect on windows 8.1

Looking up for help, thank you in advance.

VyacheslavGroshenkov, Feb 12, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Is the onboard b/g/n and the usb dual band? More info on the adapters please. *Cool

dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  5. Steffan Win User
    can you elaborate? I am not sure what that means.

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    The manufacturer/model, of each of the adapters will allow us to look at the capabilities of your situation.

dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  7. Steffan Win User
    Intel Centrino Wirless N1000
    and the antenna is Chinese with Ralink adapter inside it. Is this enough info?

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
  8. dmholt57 Win User

Ok, the Centrino is bgn single band, only sees 2.4Ghz channels the Ralink, is it also single band?

dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  9. Steffan Win User
    How do I check?

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
  10. dmholt57 Win User
    Normally, Windows will choose the strongest/fastest connection available. If you turn off the internal wifi by disable in network adapters, then enable the usb adapter, if it is dual band it will show 2.4 and 5.0 connections.

dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  11. Steffan Win User
    The connection I maange to connect to using the antenna is 100 meters away, but the one I want to connect to is maybe 20m away, yet it can't work. It makes no sense at all.

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
  12. dmholt57 Win User
    If you turn off AutoConnect in wifi settings, can you select the connection and manually connect?

dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  13. Steffan Win User

No. And it's exactly the same in W7 on the same laptop.

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
  14. dmholt57 Win User
    dmholt57, Feb 12, 2018
  15. Steffan Win User
    Both netowrks are locked and I have the password given to me by neigbhours, so they are correct, that's not the issue, and I already mentioned that the one further away works. So what exactly does this do?

Steffan, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

1. USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it - Similar Threads - USB WiFi adapter

2. Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range: Hi, The last couple of days I have been unable to connect to wifi for more than a few minutes at a time without restarting the computer. I believe I have found the component that is not working, I included the status and info below.I have installed any available windows...
  3. Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range: Hi, The last couple of days I have been unable to connect to wifi for more than a few minutes at a time without restarting the computer. I believe I have found the component that is not working, I included the status and info below.I have installed any available windows...
  4. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  5. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  6. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. After connect to VPN from wifi all network adapters doesnt work

After connect to VPN from wifi all network adapters doesnt work: Hello,could anyone help me with problem, that describe below?Now i work on homeoffice and in our company using VPN. after successfuly connected to out VPN throught client , when im on wifi, everything fine. Then a few minutes later wifi adapter didnt response, disconected...
  8. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  9. see devices connected to wifi network

see devices connected to wifi network: Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wifi-network/7e04bdb7-76fa-4ce9-94e9-71ff0357b40a
  10. External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does

External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated does: External USB WiFi antenna doesn't see a network, but integrated wifi card does, even though it has a much lower range! It makes absolutely no sense, why wouldn;t the stronger antenna list this netowrk? I really need to connect to it in order to use the internet properly......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus k750j no 5ghz wifi