Windows 10: USB3 device not recognized

Discus and support USB3 device not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ‎HP elitebook 8540w Windows 10 (64-bit) I almost have a complete system under W10 - no thanks to HP............. When I plug a USB3 flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruggb, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ruggb Win User

USB3 device not recognized

‎HP elitebook 8540w

Windows 10 (64-bit)

I almost have a complete system under W10 - no thanks to HP.............

When I plug a USB3 flash drive into either USB3 port the message is Windows does not recognize it.
    If I plug the same drive into another computer USB3 port everything is fine.
    If I partially plug the drive in so that it only hits the USB2 contacts it works fine.
    If I plug it into a USB2 port it works fine.
    The drivers are installed. I uninstalled them and let it reinstall - same thing.

how do I make this work???

:)

ruggb, Sep 4, 2015

2. my USB 3 port just run one device that i connected last time

hi my laptop recently cant run/recognize any USB device with my usb 3 port and it just recognize my usb 3 flash memory(even no other usb3 devices). Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

SaeedFaraj Vajari, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Dropped My USB3 Capability

After my upgrade from Win7Pro to Win10Pro and with NO other changes other than the upgrade itself, I lost USB3 capability.

What appears to be obvious at this point is that there is a conflict between Win10 and my USB3 drivers that I cannot resolve.

I tried deleting the drivers and letting Windows look for new ones, but the same drivers are installed.

My host controller is the "ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft)", and "USB Mass Storage Device" IS reported to be present in Device Manager.

However, either the USB3 device (thumb drive) isn't recognized, or, it will sometimes work but obviously at standard USB speeds.

I do a lot of backup transfers to USB3 thumb drives and this is a major issue considering the sizes of some of the files I am transferring.

My system is an AMD processor on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard running the 64bit Windows10.

Treelander, Sep 4, 2015
  4. USB3 device not recognized

Hi!
    Which are Driver installed? Origin HP or Generic Microsoft Driver?

Cluster Head, Sep 4, 2015
  5. ruggb Win User
    thx for the comeback.
    I think W10 installed the driver so I've been searching and this has become another Vista in terms of drivers.
    I found something and it may be the original W7 HP Renesas driver - at this point I have lost track.
    It is working now.

I have finally gotten the protect tools, fingerprint sensor, touchpad, USB3, 3D drive protect, and buttons (almost) working.
    The mute button is still a problem. It functions but is always orange. It never turns green when unmuted. Minor but aggravating.

One weird thing is the touchpad config does not show up in the device manager. The orig driver MS installed showed it there but it crashed every time I tried to open it. I finally found a driver that appeared to work but there was no way to set it up. I finally found it under SETTINGS/DEVICES.

Now if I can turn this mute button green I think I have it all. It sure has been a struggle.

ruggb, Sep 4, 2015
  6. borabosna Win User
    borabosna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB3 device not recognized

1. USB3 device not recognized - Similar Threads - USB3 device recognized

2. PC case front panel recognizes USB3 key or drive, but not USB2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC case front panel recognizes USB3 key or drive, but not USB2: as the title says, I have no problem to get USB3 key of HDD to show up in Windows explorer when I plug them in my PC case front panel but any USB2 device is not recognized at allif I plug these devices at the back of the Motherboard, they show up normallyany advice how I...
  3. Device Not recognized

Device Not recognized: I have a Blue Yeti Microphone. Today I replaced the cord with a brand new one from amazon, I get an error saying that "The USB device you connected has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it." What can I do? I've tried a lot of the fixes online and nothing worked?...
  4. Device not recognized

Device not recognized: My Nextbook Flexx 10.1 tablet PC with Windows 10 won't recognize my Sandisk flashdrive..I tried 'Update driver' and 'Uninstall device' in Device Manager and restarting the computer, but it still says, 'Device not recognized' when the computer is restarted..What to do?...
  5. USB3 device not migrated

USB3 device not migrated: I keep getting this error. I have uninstalled reinstall drivers tried diffrent usb ports both usb2.0 and usb 3.0 with no luck. Device USB\VID_0403&PID_601F&MI_00\6&1f7b2494&1&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  6. USB3 video capture device appears as audio device

USB3 video capture device appears as audio device: I have a MyGica u800 HDMI capture device that appears as a video device when plugged directly to my USB3 port. But only appears as an audio device when plugged into a USB3 hub. I have uninstalled the driver and restarted multiple times and run the driver verifier. I am...
  7. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  8. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  9. Inaccessible usb3 boot device

Inaccessible usb3 boot device: Been working on this for weeks to no avail. I have Win 7 on on ssd and Win 10 on another ssd. I am not dual booting but switch to the drive I need in the bios. Using Casper 8.0, I clone the Win 7 and Win 10 to backup internal ssds. These internal backup drives have no issues...
  10. BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub: When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged directly into the PC USB3 or USB2 port it appears in the "Boot priority settings". Once booted into Windows 10 all USB2 and USB3...