Windows 10: "use a proxy server" doesn't save

Discus and support "use a proxy server" doesn't save in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I've been having issues lately with the "Use a proxy server" setting. Initially whenever I would set the slider to "off" and close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tree, Nov 19, 2015.

1. tree Win User

"use a proxy server" doesn't save

Hi folks,

I've been having issues lately with the "Use a proxy server" setting. Initially whenever I would set the slider to "off" and close settings, it wouldn't save. I found that the issue had to do with the UAC being enabled. After I disabled UAC, the setting could be preserved temporarily, i.e., it would revert to "on" after restarting. It's causing serious network slowdowns and I'm at my wits end with Windows. I'd appreciate some help!

Thanks.

:)

2. Varnesy Win User

Using a Proxy Server

I want to connect to the internet using a proxy server. In "Settings" "Network & Internet" "Proxy" I turn it on and try to "Save" the settings but it doesn't work. The "Save" button is grey. It was working fine up until this morning. Can anyone help please.

Varnesy, Nov 19, 2015
  3. How to disable proxy on Windows 10?

Once I follow the instructions the "Save" button becomes inactive and I cannot save my configuration change to "use proxy server" to off.

terifischer, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

A question: does your ISP/Internet Service Provider or some other Network require using a Proxy Server?
    Or do they use DHCP or Automatically detect settings?
    dhcp at DuckDuckGo
    I see two items in that block [all of one and part of the second], could be either one causing the problem. Have also seen it with infected computers.

Berton, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. "use a proxy server" doesn't save - Similar Threads - proxy server doesn't

2. Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website: Good afternoon, I have setup 3 training workstations at our plant and only need to have one website available. In the Proxy setup I turn off Automatically Detect Setting, Use setup script 127.0.0.1 and Use a Proxy Server of 127.0.0.1 / Port 80 and need to add the below...
  3. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  4. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  5. "Use a Proxy Server"

"Use a Proxy Server": System changes to "Use a Proxy Server" when I close out a session and then log back in. This change also often happens when I am in the middle of a session. This is extremely annoying and frustrating. How can I turn this OFF permanently? I appreciate any help. Thanks...
  6. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  7. What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?

What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?: What advantage is there to use a proxy server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-advantage-is-there-in-useing-a-proxy-server/b9bb959a-1fa0-4f27-8c7e-0780c04e7587
  8. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  9. Proxy Server Error

Proxy Server Error: All of a sudden (no changes or updates) I am getting the following proxy server error on my desktop computer. I used to fix error by doing a shutdown but now that is not working....
  10. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589