Windows 10: Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack

Discus and support Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Anti-exploit programs provide an additional layer of security by blocking the techniques attackers use. These solutions can protect you against Flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cliff S, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack

Source: Use an Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attacks

For more information and download links, go to this thread: Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2015
  2. simrick Win User

I use MBAE and also CryptoPrevent on a lot of the systems I work on. Especially with all these encryption viruses going around, so many "average users" are just so vulnerable.

:)

simrick, Jul 26, 2015
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack

Does EMET perform well ?

Quote..."While you should use an antivirus (even just the Windows Defender tool built into Windows 10, 8.1, and 8) as well as an anti-exploit program, you shouldn’t use multiple anti-exploit programs."

Note: Some anti-virus and anti-malware programs include built-in exploit protection. For example,

Emsisoft Anti-Malware
    uses
    advanced behavior blocking analysis
    which is extremely difficult to penetrate...it continually monitors the behavior of all active programs looking for any anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity and raises
    an alert as soon as something suspicious occurs. Emsisoft also has the ability to detect unknown

zero-day attacks
    without signatures.
    ESET Antivirus and Smart Security
    uses
    Exploit Blocker
    which is designed to fortify applications that are often exploited, such as web browsers, PDF readers, email clients or MS Office components.

quietman7 - MVP, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    With Defender for viruses, MBAE for Zero-Day, and all add-ons only turned when needed(i.e... Flash Player set click to play & JAVA off) my browsers run fast and safe. I can only laugh at people using add-ons for "protection" then complaining about slow surfing.

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2015
  6. groze Win User
    Slow surfing can be caused by several things not just bad stuff.

groze, Jul 26, 2015
  7. Is there any reason not to run Anti-Exploit on a home-use computer?
    If not, why doesn't it come built into Malwarebytes Premium (at least the free version of Anti-Exploit)?

CountryBumkin, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Because they are separate tools and I guess they don't what to add things some people might not want or use. You notice how Cckeanter keeps adding more tools, most of which I personally don't need or use. It's better to be able to download only what you need.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Use Anti-Exploit Program to Help Protect Your PC From Zero-Day Attack - Similar Threads - Anti Exploit Program

2. Exploit attack - 61003

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exploit attack - 61003: I have Word 2010. Norton has detected and blocked an exploit attack - 61003 - and continues to shut down Word. I cannot access any documents. Do not want to turn off Norton for fear of damage. Any help appreciated by this digital novice....
  3. Windows 10 zero-day exploit code released online

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 zero-day exploit code released online: A security researcher has published today demo exploit code on GitHub for a Windows 10 zero-day vulnerability. The zero-day is what security researchers call a local privilege escalation (LPE). LPE vulnerabilities can't be used to break into systems, but hackers can use...
  4. Temporary micropatch available for zero-day Windows exploit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporary micropatch available for zero-day Windows exploit: "A publicly disclosed Windows zero-day vulnerability could allow attackers to take full control of systems once they compromise a low-privilege account. Here's a fix." Source: Temporary micropatch available for zero-day Windows exploit 125676
  5. Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices: The Cisco security team has revealed earlier the existence of a zero-day vulnerability affecting products that run Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) software. The vulnerability has been exploited in the wild, according to a security...
  6. Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the

Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the: Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the wild Adobe has told users that an emergency patch is being prepared for a Flash zero-day vulnerability being exploited in the wild which can give attackers complete control. On Tuesday, the tech...
  7. Protect PC from High-End Attacks?

Protect PC from High-End Attacks?: Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me better tips to protect my PC from things like botnets. In the case I am particularly looking to expand my security horizon not on accidentally visiting websites that would give me a botnet, but people deliberately attempting...
  8. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit: At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit...
  9. Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild

Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild: Oracle is working with Trend Micro to patch the problem. Until a fix is issued, users concerned about falling victim to the exploit should temporarily disable Java in their browser. The Java zero-day is reportedly being exploited through drive-by downloads on the latest...
  10. Shadow Brokers Release Zero Day Exploit Tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Shadow Brokers Release Zero Day Exploit Tools: For what it's worth, is the following of any interest? "On Friday, a hacker group known as The Shadow Brokers publicly released a large number of functional exploit tools. Several of these tools make use of zero-day vulnerabilities, most of which are in Microsoft Windows....