Windows 10: Use Cortana without location enable

Discus and support Use Cortana without location enable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Are there anyways I can use Cortana without enable location ? Because when I enable my location it low by batteries life a lot *Sad 46112 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akane, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Akane Win User

Use Cortana without location enable

Are there anyways I can use Cortana without enable location ?

Because when I enable my location it low by batteries life a lot *Sad

:)

Akane, Apr 2, 2016

2. Use Cortana without location on

I want to be able to use Cortana without turning on my location services. Most of the things I use Cortana for do not require location. Is there a way to use Cortana without enabling location?

MightyMouseZ, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Use Cortana without location on

I believe it would be most helpful, in order to save battery life, if I didn't have to have location on at all times in order to use Cortana.

Ghostly1969, Apr 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Nope, nada, nyet, no can do. Your battery will not die quicker if you have location services enabled.

Laptop and tablet batteries die from using the device more.

The batteries only last so long.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  5. cfiiman Win User
    Do you find Cortana super glitchy at all? I'm having big issues with it.

cfiiman, Apr 3, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It has been glitchy since the start. That is why it is not getting the use that it should be getting.

bro67, Apr 3, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Don't confuse a battery becoming discharged by use with a battery's useful life. Most batteries are not warranted for more than a year and their charge capability decreases as it gets older. Batteries do not have an infinite life span.

Berton, Apr 3, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi would be interested if you could quote some examples..
    (I just find the different categories of search for which it's a front end far too rich a mix for me).

Then there are the oddities
    'Where am I?' - at a house 10 numbers away, apparently!
    'How old are you?' ......

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Use Cortana without location enable - Similar Threads - Cortana without location

2. Cortana location problem.

in Cortana
    Cortana location problem.: Hello Everyone, My Cortana app shows the wrong location weather when I ask it. How to solve this issue?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-location-problem/f64c4413-fb39-4847-8f9b-9366a7a60891
  3. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  4. enable Cortana

in Cortana
    enable Cortana: I cannot get Cortana to change and open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-cortana/ea55e2d4-433c-4259-95f6-07586c39d704"
  5. Using Cortana to get information related to current location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Cortana to get information related to current location: I use Cortana to get information about weather etc. I find this feature very useful. But something has changed and I cannot get this information according to my current location...
  6. Enabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Enabling Cortana: hi there, i disabled cortana when i installed my os and now i want to enable her. the cortana icon is still in the start menu and when i clink it it just takes me to the search bar i have looked around and followed some pre-existing guides with no luck i am running 10 pro...
  7. Cortana's Location

in Cortana
    Cortana's Location: I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!...
  8. Cortana location enable slows wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana location enable slows wifi: I have a brand new HP laptop with 8gig of ram, and noticed that with cortana location enabled my wifi speeds slow way down especially since the last windows update. Has anyone else noticed this since the latest windows 10 update which was suppose to update cortana? 25593
  9. Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?: Hi, I was hoping this would get fixed, as I'm assuming its a bug. However, few months into use and its still not working - so thought I'd give here a go *Smile Cortana complains that it needs access to my location to work (really not sure why!) So, going into Location...
  10. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732