Windows 10: Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

Discus and support Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you suggest to add widgets/gadgets from Win7 on Windows 10? I found many solutions, but what is the better one? 60679 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siegfriedm, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

How do you suggest to add widgets/gadgets from Win7 on Windows 10?
    I found many solutions, but what is the better one?

:)

Siegfriedm, Aug 17, 2016

2. N900 Email Widget

Probably..This was in the instructions!!!!!

Add the mail widget to desktop

You can add the mail widget to the device desktop. The

Widget shows if you have received mail, and displays the

number of unread mail messages.

tap the desktop, and select widget

>Desktop menu > Add > E-mail.

rabidferret11, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Hildon-Home program

hildon-desktop is the 4 panel scrolling desktop (mainly) but it is also EVERY widget on the desktop.

The widgets all run in one process.. so if you have a run away widget that is hogging CPU, it will more than likely show up as hildon-cpu

killing it isn't usually a good thing.. removing widgets (particularly widgets that actively do stuff.. like the RSS feed thing... not passive widgets like web site links or contacts) might reduce the load.. and also identify what is misbehaving..

main point though, no widget should be excessively using cpu.. that indicates something is wrong

cpitchford, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

Alan Russell, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10?

1. Use desktop Widgets on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - desktop Widgets

2. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  3. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  4. My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...: Help please, idk what to do. The original adapter was an Asus adapter, and the new one is a Netgear that also doesn't work. Should I scrap my desktop for parts?...
  5. My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...

My computer doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth widgets Windows 11 Desktop AND WiFi Adapters...: Help please, idk what to do. The original adapter was an Asus adapter, and the new one is a Netgear that also doesn't work. Should I scrap my desktop for parts?...
  6. Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?: Hi Community,I'm trying to create a widget or something like sticky notes on my Windows 11 desktop because i would like to see my notes from Google Keep everytime i see my desktop. I know there is something similar with Microsoft application Sticky Notes and i would like to...
  7. Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?

Is possible to create a Google Keep widget or sticky on Windows 11 desktop?: Hi Community,I'm trying to create a widget or something like sticky notes on my Windows 11 desktop because i would like to see my notes from Google Keep everytime i see my desktop. I know there is something similar with Microsoft application Sticky Notes and i would like to...
  8. REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...: It has become oh so clear that Microsoft no longer cares about the user of its OS! I mean with everything else this new generation has screwed up with Windows, now they taking away the ability to choose the widgets we want on our desktop? WHY!?To force us to have to either...
  9. REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...

REALLY MS? Taking away the ability to choose the widget we all want on our desktops was a...: It has become oh so clear that Microsoft no longer cares about the user of its OS! I mean with everything else this new generation has screwed up with Windows, now they taking away the ability to choose the widgets we want on our desktop? WHY!?To force us to have to either...
  10. can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I get the clock & calendar widgets from 10 to desktop on 11: Updated from 10 to 11 & I miss my clock & calendar widgets on desktop. Can I get them to desktop in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-the-clock-calendar-widgets-from-10-to/6faddb6f-0107-43cc-895d-47a4a7c76362