Windows 10: use fingerprint as default login option

Discus and support use fingerprint as default login option in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; everytime i boot my laptop.. i am greeted by enter PIN... i need to click sign in option then pick fingerprint everytime i need to login. is there a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dwings02, Aug 24, 2015.

1. dwings02 Win User

use fingerprint as default login option

everytime i boot my laptop.. i am greeted by enter PIN... i need to click sign in option then pick fingerprint everytime i need to login.
    is there a way to make fingerprint as my default way to login?...

:)

dwings02, Aug 24, 2015

2. Is there a way to set Windows 10 Pro login to fingerprint by default instead of having to choose between fingerprint, PIN or password each time I log in?

Thanks for the additional information. Even if your login screen is not showing the fingerprint option by default, you should still be able to use it to login.

You can login from either the lock screen or the Enter Password screen by just swiping your finger on the fingerprint reader. This will allow you to login, regardless of what it says on the screen.

Lyn [MSFT], Aug 24, 2015
  3. Fingerprint option not available in log on screen

Hello,

If you restart the computer then you have to manually choose the sign in options and there is no way to set sign in using Fingerprint as the default option.
    On the login screen below the password box click on Sign-in Options

Smittychat., Aug 24, 2015
  4. BWB8771 Win User

I'm curious to know the answer to this as well - were you able to resolve your issue?

BWB8771, Nov 6, 2015
  5. larry Win User
    Open your Fingerprint software and you should be able to find the settings to configure Windows to use fingerprint scan instead of password. In my lenovo laptop, there is a setting called "Use fingerprint scan instead of power-on and hard drive passwords."

larry, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Brack Win User
    I'm using different sign in methods (password/pin/hello) and mine always defaults to whatever I last used. Is it different with fingerprint?

Brack, Nov 7, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    My HP DV7 laptop is using nothing but the Microsoft drivers for the fingerprint scanner. Regardless of what method of login the lock screen is asking for, the fingerprint scanner is active and I can log in with fingerprint. When it is asking for a PIN login, have you tried just swiping your finger?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. use fingerprint as default login option - Similar Threads - fingerprint default login

2. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  3. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  4. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  5. Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sign-in as default option on Windows 11: I just upgraded to Windows 11. When I sign-in, I am asked to enter my PIN. In order to use fingerprint, I have to select "sign-in options" and click on the fingerprint. I have restarted the computer numerous times, and each time I am asked to enter my PIN and have to go...
  6. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  7. Can't Use Fingerprint Login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Use Fingerprint Login?: Hi, So I have an ASUS laptop with a specific fingerprint area on the trackpad. I didn't have this issue until my laptop updated on its own. It won't allow me to do anything with my fingerprint. In the settings tab, it says that "fingerprint is not compatible with your...
  8. Fingerprint Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...
  9. Fingerprint Option

Fingerprint Option: HI I cant use my Fingerprint protection. its showing unavailable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-option/96cc41aa-c959-4fbd-887c-63f404e9dd18
  10. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i use windows 10 fingerprint login

2. make finger print scanner the default login

3. fingeprint option default

4. dell vostro 5471 sign in options finger print reader,
  5. win10 login fingerprint by default,
  6. windows 10 sign in options make fingerprint reader default