Windows 10: Use for old SSD

Discus and support Use for old SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new computer coming with an SSD and HDD. I have an old 256GB SSD from the old system that is in good condition and I have an external box with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miken707, May 6, 2018.

1. miken707 Win User

Use for old SSD

I have a new computer coming with an SSD and HDD. I have an old 256GB SSD from the old system that is in good condition and I have an external box with a SATA/USB connection. Is there any good use for the old SSD?

:)

miken707, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Use for old SSD

1. Use for old SSD - Similar Threads - old SSD

2. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  3. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  4. Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive: I had a Dell XPS 8940 with a 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. The Dell 8940 XPS became inoperable after a power blackout. I bought a new Dell 8960 XPS with a 1TB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. I moved the old 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot...
  5. Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive

Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive: I had a Dell XPS 8940 with a 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. The Dell 8940 XPS became inoperable after a power blackout. I bought a new Dell 8960 XPS with a 1TB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. I moved the old 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot...
  6. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...
  7. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...
  8. Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...: As said in the above question. Do I have to buy windows 11 again. Or can I just move the old SSD into the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-to-build-a-new-computer-in-the-future-can-i/28614ae0-36e6-4baa-944f-cd97242891db
  9. Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...

Going to build a new computer in the future. Can I move my old SSD with windows on it into...: As said in the above question. Do I have to buy windows 11 again. Or can I just move the old SSD into the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-to-build-a-new-computer-in-the-future-can-i/28614ae0-36e6-4baa-944f-cd97242891db
  10. What to do if a old computer ssd was used to start surface pro 8 via external enclosure,...

What to do if a old computer ssd was used to start surface pro 8 via external enclosure,...: I removed the ssd card from an old surface pro 4 I had, and plugged it in to surface pro 8 via an enclosure. I then booted from USB, and surface pro 8 booted up as it was my previous surface pro 4 OS. Windows 10 then installed the necessary drivers to run surface pro 8 with...