Windows 10: Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

Discus and support Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Flash Drive's missing so I've thought about this idea. I have a spare HDD that I connect to an external (which emulates a flash drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoasterMen, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

Hi,

My Flash Drive's missing so I've thought about this idea.

I have a spare HDD that I connect to an external (which emulates a flash drive. Every time I remove the HDD from it I make sure it is removed safely from my PC just like we do with a flash drive).

I am just wondering if I can do this by using rufus? I need to downgrade my laptop to windows 7 right now because it is getting even more annoying as usual.

:)

RoasterMen, Jan 27, 2018

2. Age of empires II won't work via windows 10

I made copies of my hard drives, windows 7 update also disabled the game so buy a hard disk put 7 on it but don't update it and it will work in your system. Windows 10 run on another hard drive just swap them out. I did get the first disk to work on 10
    of the 3 disk set. I noticed improved graphics in the windows 10 installation. I really like installing ssd drives in old computers at they work wonders on the old slower and hot computers. If anyone finds a method for keeping the two hard drives in at the
    same time let me know. I Tried one multiboot program but it did not work.

Microsoftisstealing, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Can I plug & unplug a hard disk while the computer or PC is still on? If not, why? How about doing the same after putting the PC into a Sleep Mode?

Hi Vijay1700,

I'm an independent Microsoft advisor. I will suggest that you use additional HDD as you would a USB drive. How safe it is to remove the drive will depend if the system is trying to transfer data or read data from it while you unplug it. Because of this my suggestion
    is not to treat hard drives as hot swap. There is also the factor that when you move a disk while its on it can damage it. My suggestion is to turn of the device when connecting internal hard drives.

Kind regards.

RicardoRodriguez90, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

I don't see any reason it won't work, I believe I would use MCT to make the drive bootable to install. I just find it easier than RUFUS fewer steps

Clintlgm, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

1. Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible? - Similar Threads - Hard Drive hot

2. Hard Drive Swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Swap: I have a computer running Win 10. I purchased the Win 10 and had it installed by a local shop, Tech Junkies of Hays Kansas. The computer is rather old, only has 8 gig of RAM, and the processor is very slow. I'd like to buy a new computer and use the hard drive from my old...
  3. hard drive swap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive swap: I have a new computer, and have that computer all setup. Can I take the old hard drive from the old computer and put it into the new computer (I dont need help on the mechanics). It is currently formatted for 2 logical drive. The current c: drive, I would reformat and use...
  4. Hot swap drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hot swap drive not showing up: Hi, I have a Win 10 computer with a 4 bay, 2 1/2" drive hot swap. Before Windows 10 November 2019 Update when I put a drive in a slot it was recognized, but after the update, it is not. If I reboot my computer it is then, recognized. Is there a fix for this? Thank you...
  5. Swapping hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping hard drives: How do I go about backing up windows to clone on a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapping-hard-drives/fac9a444-4f53-480d-aebc-2c98f61997fa
  6. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I have recently purachsed a new laptop. A dell Inspiron 5570 and it came with a 1TB Hard Disk Drive. I also purchased a solid state drive with the plan to swap rhem out. I cant seem to figure out how to migrate the OS and files from the HDD to the SSD. I cannot boot...
  7. Swapping hard drives.

Swapping hard drives.: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 with Windows 10 and a 1 lTB HDD. I also purchased A solid state drive seperately to replace the HDD. as it is a new drive i cannot boot from it. i have been unsuccessful in using my recovery drive on it or figuring out how to...
  8. Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive: Hi I just received my purchased MEDION AKOYA P5218 F - Intel Core i5-6400, 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, WLAN, Windows 10 Desktop computer. Since I had recently just bought a WD 1TB Black Hard Drive I wanted to fit this inside. Although there...
  9. install second hard drive hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...
  10. Swapping Hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Swapping Hard drives: Good Morning etc, okay I have a PC at home which has an external sata plugin for hard drives, last night I went to check a hard drive and plugged in the wrong one. The one I plugged was for another PC and had Windows 10 mounted in German my PC has English and is Windows 10 I...