Windows 10: Use image to upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Use image to upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several machine running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Question is can I upgrade 1 machine add my other programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ansentry, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ansentry Win User

Use image to upgrade to Windows 10

I have several machine running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Question is can I upgrade 1 machine add my other programs Office etc , take an image and then use that image to upgrade the other machines. Adding a new machine using Win7 image was easy, install the image changes the license number for Win7 & Office reboot and that was it.
    Thanks in advance for you advice.

John A

:)

ansentry, Oct 18, 2015

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Use image to upgrade to Windows 10 ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Oct 18, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Maybe. Using this method:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

I'd make an image of the Windows 7 on the other machines first so you have something easy to go back to if it fails.

To increase the chances of it working, I would upgrade the other computers to Windows 10 first using the standard upgrade process - then attempt to replace the activated Windows 10 with your image.

Although, this begs to ask the question - how many licenses for the MS Office that you are copying do you have?

NavyLCDR, Oct 18, 2015
  5. ansentry Win User
    Thanks NavyLCDR for your reply.
    As stated in my in my "Question" I have an image for the Win7, Office etc. (All PC's are same make and model HP), documents etc are loaded from Linux file server when user logs in.
    I will try the method from the link you kindly provided. That would be the way to go if it works when using an image to install. I have about 10 machines to do.

ansentry, Oct 18, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    If your machines are using multi-activation license (bulk license) it's possible. But if each machine have different licenses, each one had to go through an upgrade process for the first time to get a Win 10 license for it.

badrobot, Oct 18, 2015
  7. ansentry Win User
    They are all single license machines, so looks like a little bit of work ahead, thanks again for your help

ansentry, Oct 18, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

This provides the result of the upgrade process to a clean Windows 10 installation for activation purposes. It's just a question of whether or not it will work with an image.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Use image to upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - image upgrade

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 by installing Windows 10 image file on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 by installing Windows 10 image file on new computer: Hi,My present PC is running Windows 10 but the components of the PC are not compatible to upgrade the OS to Windows 11.I was thinking I might create a System Image file of my current Windows 10 OS and a System Repair USB. Then use these to install Windows 10 on a new Windows...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 by installing Windows 10 image file on new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 11 by installing Windows 10 image file on new computer: Hi,My present PC is running Windows 10 but the components of the PC are not compatible to upgrade the OS to Windows 11.I was thinking I might create a System Image file of my current Windows 10 OS and a System Repair USB. Then use these to install Windows 10 on a new Windows...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 by installing Windows 10 image file on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade using WIndows 10 Image file

Windows 11 Upgrade using WIndows 10 Image file: I am purchasing a new pc with no operating system installed. If I use a windows 10 image file from my old windows 10 pc not compatible with with Windows 11 to install the operating system on my new PC which is Windows 11 compatible, would I then be able to upgrade the new PC...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade using WIndows 10 Image file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade using WIndows 10 Image file: I am purchasing a new pc with no operating system installed. If I use a windows 10 image file from my old windows 10 pc not compatible with with Windows 11 to install the operating system on my new PC which is Windows 11 compatible, would I then be able to upgrade the new PC...
  7. Upgrade to 22H2 broke ability to drag & drop photos into image editing applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade to 22H2 broke ability to drag & drop photos into image editing applications: System Info:Windows 11 Home x64Version 22H2Installed on 2023-02-17OS Builder: 22621.1265Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzRAM: 16GB- - - - - - - - - -I upgraded to 22H2 today, and now I cannot drag & drop photos into Paint, nor Affinity Photo, nor...
  8. Upgrade to 22H2 broke ability to drag & drop photos into image editing applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to 22H2 broke ability to drag & drop photos into image editing applications: System Info:Windows 11 Home x64Version 22H2Installed on 2023-02-17OS Builder: 22621.1265Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzRAM: 16GB- - - - - - - - - -I upgraded to 22H2 today, and now I cannot drag & drop photos into Paint, nor Affinity Photo, nor...
  9. Upgrade to 22H2 broke ability to drag & drop photos into image editing applications

10. W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled with an image. I upgraded my Home version to Windows 10 Pro. I may need to "recover" my Windows 10 Pro installation. However, I want to be prepared. Based on the Windows 10 Recovery options, will it recover my Windows from...