Windows 10: Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download

Discus and support Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm just an artist/writer who uses computers for convenience, but in trying to install Windows 10 using the Microsoft page, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenDeome2016, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download

Hi everyone,

I'm just an artist/writer who uses computers for convenience, but in trying to install Windows 10 using the Microsoft page, I encountered the endless update search I affectionately named "purgatory".

Luckily I have a 2 hard drive system so I could still access everything from my slave drive while trying to install W-10 on my master drive.

After about 6 tries and 2 re-installs of my Windows 7 following hard disk swipes because partial installs aren't good for computer function, I finally decided to try the ISO installer.

Guess what, other that having to restart the installer because I forgot to remove my user password for windows, I had no trouble to speak of.

Why you ask...because the ISO installer asks you if you want to search for updates before you start the install process while the website installer performs an update search automatically during the install process.

[Even amateurs can look like a genius if they're paying attention.]

So if you're having trouble installing Windows 10 from the website, try using the ISO instead. I'd already bought a 64 GB USB flash drive to transfer files and other program installers between hard drives, and it worked great for the ISO.

If this works please join me in letting Microsoft know, and of course please spread the word.

Good luck and thank you.

Kenneth Henry Deome
    Alisal, Salinas ,CA

P.S. Even with telling the installer not to search for updates, it may still install some upon automatic restart, so don't worry about it.

:)

KenDeome2016, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Motox22a Win User

Media creation tool error

As stated previously the Microsoft links to download the ISO directly no longer work and simply point

you to the Media Creation tool Webpage...I'm glad the person with the problem was able to retrieve an

ISO from another source....

Motox22a, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Media driver is missing" - Windows 10 Installation Error Message

Try creating Windows 10 DVD installation media and use it instead of the USB media you created.

You can download the Windows 10 ISO file(s) version 1511 from Microsoft's Tech Bench, create your own installation media and use it to install Windows 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Step by Step User Guide for Tech Bench:
    How to use Microsoft's Tech Bench web site to download a Windows 10 ISO file, create installation media and activate Windows 10

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jan 16, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download

Thank you for this post, but, no disrespect, you are preaching to the converted really.

Downloading iso is a good option for upgrading, but if you want to do a clean install, a better option is to create a usb installation stick using MS media creation tool. You can do this using iso and rufus as well if you know what you are doing.

cereberus, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download

1. Use ISO To Install W-10 Instead of the Microsoft Web Site Download - Similar Threads - ISO Install Instead

2. Windows iso download sites won't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  3. Windows iso download sites won't opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  4. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  5. Unable to download AspenONE, downloads link to site instead?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to download AspenONE, downloads link to site instead?: AspenONE is provided for free by my university, and I need it for a class. When I go to download it from the university site, it starts out ok but about 1/3 of the way through it just stops, sometimes it says it's due to "network error" despite having a stable connection,...
  6. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  7. Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10: Every time I create a windows USB ISO from the Microsoft USB tool, windows 7 installs on the USB stick and not windows 10. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Why won't the USB drive tool not install windows 10, which is the option I selected?...
  8. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  9. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  10. Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious web site claiming to be Microsoft.: Today I received a popup web site claiming to be from Microsoft and asking for personal information. The address is http://3.16.166.238/. What is the procedure for reporting this to Microsoft? Thank you....