Windows 10: Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

Discus and support Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college.

:)

JohnTravolski, Aug 5, 2016

2. HDMI output failure after installation of Windows 10

Hi,

Left me clarify,

Before W10 installing, I used Win8.1 and connected my laptop to tv & computer monitor through HDMI cable. It really worked well.

After W10, Same laptop, same tv, same computer monitor .. EVERYTHING IS SAME including the HDMI cable. But there is no signal through HDMI cable.

Checked the Same tv, computer monitor connected to another laptop running in Windows 7 using same HDMI cable. Work perfectly.

Do you still want me to check the TV manual/computer monitor blah blah!!!!

Thanks

HariPrasadraj, Aug 5, 2016
  3. windows10 is not restarting when lid is and hdmi external monitor

Hi Joseph,

Apologize for the difficulties that you have been put through regarding this issue. Do let us know few more details for better understanding:

What exactly happens when you try to display the picture on the secondary monitor?

Did you try connecting to a different monitor and check if the issue persists?

We suggest that you unplug the HDMI cable and connect it back to a different HDMI port on the secondary monitor in case if there's one extra and check.

Also check if there is any device conflict in the Device Manager when the Secondary Monitor is connected.

Get back to us with the requested details for further help.

Sharath Srinivasa, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

not that I am aware of (doesn't mean it aint out there somewhere? ) but as far as I know the Video port on most laptops are Video Out only , just get yourself a cheap LCD or TV to run off the HDMI on the better of the two laptops.

Kbird, Aug 7, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Agreed. Most Desktops also are Video Out only. The premise of the output ports on Notebooks is to use with larger monitors and/or projectors for displaying to attendees at seminars, business meetings, churches, etc..

Berton, Aug 7, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

1. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE - Similar Threads - Laptop Secondary Monitor

2. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable: Hi,I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1006np 2L1T6EA running on windows 11.I cannot connect my laptop to a second monitor through HDMI. I tested the cable and screen with another device and they are working. I thought it could be an issue with the physical port so I got...
  3. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable: Hi,I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1006np 2L1T6EA running on windows 11.I cannot connect my laptop to a second monitor through HDMI. I tested the cable and screen with another device and they are working. I thought it could be an issue with the physical port so I got...
  4. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  7. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

8. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  9. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  10. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use laptop as secondary monitor with cables

2. how to use a laptop as a secondary monitor using hdmi