Windows 10: Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10

Discus and support Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 How to Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10

How to: Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10

How to Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy on the Cloud in Windows 10

Microsoft has introduced a new web-based privacy dashboard so you can see and control your activity data from Microsoft including location, search, browsing, and Cortana Notebook data across multiple Microsoft services.

When you are signed in with your Microsoft account, you can go to account.microsoft.com/privacy to review and clear data such as browsing history, search history, location activity, and Cortanas Notebook all in one place. This is Microsoft's first step in expanding the tools that give you visibility and control over your data spanning Microsoft products and services that they will continue to add more functionality and categories of data over time.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to open and use the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to manage the privacy of your Microsoft account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Go to the https://account.microsoft.com/privacy site at Microsoft, and sign in with your Microsoft account (MSA) if you're not already signed in.

*note This website is the place where you can manage your privacy settings for the Microsoft products and services you use, and where you can view and clear the data that Microsoft saves to the cloud.

2. You can now view and clear the data for the following categories:

*note For other data that is saved to your Windows 10 device, you'll need to go to your device to change those privacy settings and view the data collected. You'll find detailed instructions for viewing and changing your privacy settings on your device on the individual settings pages listed below.
    Browsing history
    If browsing history in Cortana is turned on, your Microsoft Edge browsing history is sent to Microsoft so that Microsoft features and services may use this data to provide you with timely and intelligent answers, proactive personalized suggestions, or to complete tasks for you.

Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Search history
    Like other search engines, Bing uses your search history to give you better results, including personalization and autosuggest. Cortana also uses that data to give you timely, intelligent answers, personalized suggestions, and complete other tasks for you.

*Arrow How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

Location activity
    To give you directions to the places you want to go, and show you data relevant to where you are, we use locations that you provide or that we've detected using technologies like GPS.

Cortana's Notebook
    To help you avoid traffic, remember anniversaries, text the right Jennifer in your contact list, and in general do more, Cortana needs to know what youre interested in, whats on your calendar, and who you might want to do things with. The Notebook is where Cortana keeps track of your interests. When you dont want to reach for a keyboard, Cortana can use your speech and handwriting patterns to help translate what you say or write into documents and text messages.

Health activity
    Microsoft Health, HealthVault, and devices like Microsoft Band can help you collect, understand, and manage your health data. Your data can include activity and fitness data like heart rate and daily steps taken. It can also include any health records you store in HealthVault. And HealthVault gives you the ability to share health records with caregivers.

Other privacy settings
    The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard also helps show you how to manage other privacy settings such as:
    • Windows - Change any of your privacy settings on your Windows 10 device
    • Apps and services - Manage the apps and services that are allowed to access your data.
    • Xbox - Adjust your Xbox privacy settings either on your console or by signing in to Xbox.com.
    • Office - View your privacy settings in any Office program.
    • Skype - Edit who can see your profile in Skype and other privacy settings by signing in to your account at Skype.com.
    • Advertising preferences - Choose whether you would like to see personalized advertising.
    • Marketing preferences - Manage promotional communications associated with your Microsoft account. If you don't have a Microsoft account, you can manage promotional email communications.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 22, 2017
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Jism Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Come'on. Even tho it offers a privacy setting, it's still not good enough.

There's a very good article on What data Windows 10 sends to Microsoft and how to stop it – HackMag what explains what your W10 OS is doing on the background and what type of data it is sending.

Making a privacy setting still submits the very basic tracking data to various servers, and no-one actually knows what is happening with that.

Windows 7 never had any privacy killing features aboard, untill they pushed an update to even computers with automatic updated turned off, offering the same type of stuff.

People need to be aware that this is just a 'small' step into a future where privacy is just no more. This privacy will be gone the more the masses keep signing up to services in exchange for their data. W10, Google, Facebook, they are all a perfectly good example of company's who became too big.

Remove telemetry updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Some good stuff.

5. Brink Win User
    Microsoft introduces new privacy tools ahead of Data Privacy Day

Source: Microsoft introduces new privacy tools ahead of Data Privacy Day - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. torre Win User
    torre, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Privacy Dashboard

2. How to use gpedit.msc to manage privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use gpedit.msc to manage privacy settings: Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?The thing that did this is a dumb app....
  3. How to use gpedit.msc to manage privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use gpedit.msc to manage privacy settings: Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?The thing that did this is a dumb app....
  4. How to use gpedit.msc to manage privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Respects your Privacy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Respects your Privacy: I have a new laptop that came with the trial version of Microsoft Office. I do not want that. I bought "Office Home & Student 2016" which i have installed on the new laptop, but every time I open a program I get "Microsoft Respects Your Privacy" which covers the whole screen....
  6. Can't access Privacy dashboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access Privacy dashboard: I am unable to clear my history in the privacy dashboard because Microsoft is unable to send me a code via email or text so you can verify my identity. I get this message: We couldn't send the code. Please refresh your browser and try again. I got rid of a prior Microsoft...
  7. wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019: my computer is showing the wrong date on privacy dashboard, it shows Oct. 8,2019. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-date-on-privacy-dashboard-it-shows-oct-82019/a256b1a5-6992-4c38-8dbb-9eebaf8ceafd
  8. Privacy Dashboard and Data Downloads as Archives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Dashboard and Data Downloads as Archives: Hello, I've just recently discovered the "Download your Data" within the Privacy settings of my account and I was able to successfully do just that. However, upon downloading the files I came across the issue that your directions do not actually provide the user any...
  9. Protect Your Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protect Your Privacy: How to Fight Back Against Congresss Attack on FCC Privacy Rules TThis is merely an intro into keeping your ISP from gathering and selling your information. 80844
  10. Microsoft: Our continuing commitment to your privacy with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Our continuing commitment to your privacy with Windows 10: At Microsoft, we are deeply committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. This includes providing clear choices and easy-to-use tools that put you in control of how your information is collected and used. Trust is a core pillar of our More Personal Computing vision, and we...