Windows 10: Use my FSX Discs?

Discus and support Use my FSX Discs? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello - Obviously a newbie here! Maybe someone can help or lead me in the right direction with an issue that I am having? I have my OEM FSX install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by analogkid299, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Use my FSX Discs?

Hello - Obviously a newbie here! Maybe someone can help or lead me in the right direction with an issue that I am having? I have my OEM FSX install discs, along with my product code key, serial numbers and all that good stuff. Years ago when I bought it, I loaded it on to my Dell Inspiron running MS Vista! It worked fine, so I just used it and had fun. Life gets in the way and I have not "played it" in years, but recently remembered how cool it was and went to load it up in my latest Dell computer running MS10 "creators edition" if that makes any sense? and the discs spun, but clicked and "thumped" there way painfully through the loading process! I could only take 3 minutes or so of this and decided to quit, so as not to ruin my drive. I did a bit of research and as the internet goes, came away more confused than when I started. Some said that the newer DVD Drives have a tough time reading the older DVD's for whatever reason and there were numerous other "opinions". So my thought was to copy my old computers copy of MSX on to a new external drive and then load it that way to my new computer. The problem is, after hours of copying to the external drive and dumping it into my new computer, I don't know how to open and load it? Obviously, I'm somewhat limited in my computer skills, but not a complete bozo! In any event, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Finally, in case anyone is thinking that I bought a bogus copy from someone off eBay or something of the sort, I didn't and my word will just have to suffice. I bought this copy brand new from an authorized dealer (BestBuy brick and mortar) way back in the day. Thank you in advance for any support or advice. Lastly, since I didn't proof-read this, all spelling and grammatical errors are spellchecks fault! ; )

:)

analogkid299, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Al-63 Win User

fsx Installation on windows 10

Having same problem. FSX. Win10. Had to reinstall Windows. Now when attempting to reinstall FSX, I insert FSX DVD #1 and get Microsoft Flight Simulator X installshield wizard...Removing Applications. It asks for disc #2 and then after a few minutes I get:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact support personnel.

Then:

Feature Transfer Error

Error: - 1603 Fatal Error During installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help.

Have tried multiple times. Unable to uninstall the non running FSX in order to do a fresh install... I followed the steps listed above and it did not solve the problem.

Help.

Al-63, Aug 1, 2018
  3. AndyDunne Win User
    Microsoft FSX

I installed FSX standard on a windows 10 PC. I had to uninstall it and I removed the registry entries. When I tried to reinstall it, I get the options to repair or remove the program. Neither of which I can do as I have uninstalled the program.

I tried downloading Microsoft installer V4.5 but it wont run(error 0x8009602)

I tried Microsoft program install and uninstall but FSX is not in the list and the product code on the FSX box is too short to satisfy the program

Any help or suggestions appreciated

AndyDunne, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Lumpy20 Win User

Use my FSX Discs?

FSX Acceleration - Windows 10

Hi,

I have been running FSX Gold +Acceleration for some time but after the Anniversary update of Windows 10 I get the usual activation errors.

Initially I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX Gold, this registered OK and ran with Multiplayer Mode listed as an option.

Then I installed Acceleration and the troubles began. Initially the 1-80004005 error and ran KB928080 as well as others listed by Microsoft as a 'fix' for FSX Acceleration registration.

I then restarted the PC but the error changed to 8-c0000006, which persists.

Uninstalling Acceleration removes this error but Direct X10 and other features of FSX are missing.

Yes, I did the Registry 'fix' of partmgr to PartMgr but nothing changed.

Some suggestion are to create a new user account but I would prefer not to do this.

Are there any alternate suggestions that might help?

FSX-Gold +Acceleration did work on the PC previously.

Regards, KH

Lumpy20, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Use my FSX Discs?

1. Use my FSX Discs? - Similar Threads - FSX Discs

2. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  3. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  4. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  6. My authorised copy of FSX Acceleration 3 discs has stopped responding on my desktop running...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My authorised copy of FSX Acceleration 3 discs has stopped responding on my desktop running...: I recently have experienced the following: My personally purchased disc set for FSX Acceleration Gold Edition stopped responding on the desktop screen. I have had this software set for several years, always working fine, if a bit slow to start. Now, after a wait of about 5...
  7. My authorised copy of FSX Acceleration 3 discs has stopped responding on my desktop running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My authorised copy of FSX Acceleration 3 discs has stopped responding on my desktop running...: I recently have experienced the following: My personally purchased disc set for FSX Acceleration Gold Edition stopped responding on the desktop screen. I have had this software set for several years, always working fine, if a bit slow to start. Now, after a wait of about 5...
  8. My authorised copy of FSX Acceleration 3 discs has stopped responding on my desktop running...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Issue faced while installing MS FSX Gold edition using Disc 1 and 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue faced while installing MS FSX Gold edition using Disc 1 and 2: The problem that I'm facing is that the disc 1 installation is done in say about ~15 mins, but the disc 2 takes forever. In the installation progress bar i get about 11 bars with the Disc 1 and then the computer tells me to insert the disc 2. After installing disc 2, the...
  10. windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 compatibility issues with FSX disc version: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 10, but I have issues with FSX. I can install it, enter the main menu, select aircraft, sceneries etc., but when I launch it, the screen becomes black. I can't even go back to the menu, although I can hear the background...