Windows 10: Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10

Discus and support Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So. I used a linux live disk to hard delete the windows 10 "windows apps" folder from my file system. I didn't want windows to run any of them so why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DartTimeTime, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10

So. I used a linux live disk to hard delete the windows 10 "windows apps" folder from my file system. I didn't want windows to run any of them so why not?

Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10 [​IMG]

. . . Only, I don't have a network or system tray icons on my taskbar.Now this is problematic. Are there any known ways one can reinstall the app folder and activate the apps within or known workarounds? Thanks in advance for helping me fix my stupid.

:)

DartTimeTime, Feb 18, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Jerryc41 Win User
    Windows 10 Not Installing - Reserved Partition Problem

I've never used Linux, but it can't hurt to try it, right? I'll have to shut down soon, but I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerryc41, Feb 18, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.

Sounds like you might want to try a repair install by doing an in-place upgrade. You can grab the appropriate W10 ISO from MSTechBench, right-click and select mount, then run setup.exe.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps!

simrick, Feb 18, 2016
  5. I'll try that simrick, thanks.

DartTimeTime, Feb 18, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10

1. Used linux live disk to delete Cortana and other 'apps' off windows 10 - Similar Threads - Used linux live

2. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  3. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  4. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  5. How can I backup a disk with a live boot of linux?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I backup a disk with a live boot of linux?: I'm pretty sure I'd done this maybe 15 years ago but I'd forgotten how to do it. I have an external hard drive which was reading, kinda spotty, when connected, it would drop in and out. So, I took it out of the enclosure. Before that, though my drive fell on the ground, then...
  6. Deleting the windows folder on other hard disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting the windows folder on other hard disk: Before buying a new SSD my windows was on other harddisk. How ever for better startup time i installed windows on my SSD aswell, while installing i didnt see option to remove windows from my other hard disk. How can i remove windows from my other hard disk?...
  7. Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...: I am trying to move a game form one drive to another. I have a lot of very important information on my other drive and don't want to delete anything. What other apps does it want to uninstall, is it safe to do so?...
  8. Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to set up Kali Linux on a live Bootable USB using Win 32 Disk Imager.: So I am following the Kali Linux book guide to setting up and formatting a live USB. I download the Win 32 Disk Imager and launched it after I mounted the USB like it says, but when I go to find the image though Win 32 it doesn't bring up the Kali Linux Iso any where! And I...
  9. How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?: I have this USB disk that is formatted using Linux system (I believe it is ext2 or ext3). It is used to save TV-recordings. I use Linux Reader to copy these recordings onto my Windows pc. Am looking for a portable tool, similar to Linux Reader, that can also delete the...
  10. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...