Windows 10: Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Discus and support Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and reboot. So I pressed ctrl alt delete and options came up. I decided to just reinstall basically formatting my hard drive. And it is just hanging there now. At 99%. Is this normal and if not what should I do?

:)

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 installation stuck at 99% If, I don't get it installed today will I still qualify for the free offer?

I was also stuck on the Windows Upgrade Assistant (99%) for over 24 hours. I aborted that and rebooted my computer.

Used the "Media Creation Tool - Upgrade My PC" option (before that I created an ISO image on a DVD for future use). The installation was completed in 2-3 hours and yes it works!

Thank You

Idesignedit, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows reset

I am resetting my pc and it is stuck on 99% for 2 hours what should i do ?

mostafaismail1, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Oh man. If I downloaded Windows 10 upgrade and reformatted the drive to reset it how will it install if the Windows program is gone?

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    You need to reinstall Windows 7 then do the upgrade again. You can't Clean Install Windows 10 until you have completed an upgrade and activated. Then if you want you can clean install Win 10.

Do you have a Win 7 DVD? If so use it to clean install Win 7 with then immediately upgrade to Windows 10 using the MediaCreationTool. See here: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Right but when I tried to type my password into Windows 10 it just crashed. So wasn't Windows 10 already activated?

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Plus is is at 99% and hanging. You would think Microsoft would make it impossible to reset if That was true.

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Activated or not activated doesn't prevent anything.

It should have been activated but since you couldn't get logged in there is no way to know for sure.

You could try doing a clean Windows 10 install. If it works the you were activated and all should be well.
    Clean install means you lose all data on the hard drive so I hope you have yours backed up.

See here: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Solved. It just ran at 99% for awhile and asked me some questions now I am on my New desktop !

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That's good news, glad it worked out for you.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  11. ekamsat Win User
Thema:

Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

1. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour - Similar Threads - Used option completely

2. Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting this PC stuck at 99%: I wanted to reset my PC to give it a fresh start and then it got stuck at 99% for more than a hour now please help me.My operating system is Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-99/50d3650a-baf2-4390-b582-e24aeb160474
  3. Resetting this PC stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting this PC stuck at 99%: I wanted to reset my PC to give it a fresh start and then it got stuck at 99% for more than a hour now please help me.My operating system is Windows 11 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-99/50d3650a-baf2-4390-b582-e24aeb160474
  4. Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours: Hello, I tried to reset my computer this morning and now it has been stuck on 99% for the last 3-4h and I don't know what to do. I looked on google and some people are saying to hard close the computer and boot it back up and some others are saying to let it finish by itself...
  5. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  6. PC Reset Stuck at 99%

PC Reset Stuck at 99%: I decided to completely wipe my PC because it has about 6 years worth of tons and tons of files on it, which frankly I only really use 30% of, so naturally I figured it’d be healthy to wipe everything and organize it a bit more. I used Windows’ PC reset feature and it has...
  7. Resetting This PC Stuck at 99%

Resetting This PC Stuck at 99%: So I'm selling my old pc to upgrade to a new one and wanted to wipe the hard drive and SSD so I could sell it. I reset the pc and used a cloud download to reinstall windows, and checked the clean data box to completely wipe it. I started that at 11 am yesterday, by about 5pm...
  8. Resetting this PC Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this PC Stuck at 99%: So I'm selling my old pc to upgrade to a new one and wanted to wipe the hard drive and SSD so I could sell it. I reset the pc and used a cloud download to reinstall windows, and checked the clean data box to completely wipe it. I started that at 11 am yesterday, by about 5pm...
  9. Reset This PC Stuck at 99%

Reset This PC Stuck at 99%: I'm trying to reset my pc to clear all the accumulated junk off it, so I reset it, but it is stuck at 99% and has been for 5 hours now, what do i do? submitted by /u/SnEamonLemon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk0frt/reset_this_pc_stuck_at_99/
  10. Resetting my pc and stuck at 99 percent for 6 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting my pc and stuck at 99 percent for 6 hours: I have tried to reset my pc and choose to clean my drives. I have started the process yesterday and reached 99 percent in 7 hours and got stuck there. It has been 24 hours since the resetting your pc 99% is shown and no further improvement. I began to panic and worried about...