Windows 10: Useless Taskbar

Discus and support Useless Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problem: Can't use Cortana search, open notifications or open the start menu. Can't run Insider Hub either I've been searching google all day and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WOLF81au, Jul 6, 2015.

1. WOLF81au Win User

Useless Taskbar

Problem: Can't use Cortana search, open notifications or open the start menu. Can't run Insider Hub either

I've been searching google all day and tried several methods with no results.
    * I created a powershell.exe file on the desktop and ran as administrator to use the "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" command but got nothing but errors and no result.
    * Tried a system restore but that failed.

Hoping this can be dealt with without a fresh install but not liking my chances. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

WOLF81au, Jul 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - How to make Task Bar Icons larger?

on larger resolution it helps so little, that for taskbar icons is useless.

JiříCvrk, Jul 6, 2015
  3. RobGuimar Win User
    Windows 10 Multiple desktop with different shortcuts

"Multiple Desktops" should be called "Multiple Taskbars", cause that's what it is. Useless...

RobGuimar, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

Useless Taskbar

1. Useless Taskbar - Similar Threads - Useless Taskbar

2. Computer useless after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer useless after Windows 10 update: AGAIN! A recent windows 10 update has left my computer useless! Can't type, mouse gone crazy. Tried many online solutions. HELP!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-useless-after-windows-10-update/8c2b004c-3532-4d07-8be7-a9e2cd887b3d
  3. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder: Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this...
  4. Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?: Hi, I’ve been using Windows 10 now for a while and asking myself if it would be worth using the virtual desktops/workspaces feature. ([WIN] + [TAB]) I’m thinking of using it for different tasks at work. First desktop work with my IDE and working on code: using the IDE, the...
  5. Windows Boot Manager useless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Boot Manager useless: Hello internet, First of all thanks for any reply. Recently I had a lot of weird problems with my booting. Long story short, Windows Boot Manager was installed on my HDD, while windows is installed on the SSD. When booting from Windows Boot Manager, windows can't boot....
  6. windows 10 disk is always 100% and my laptop is useless for long periods of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 disk is always 100% and my laptop is useless for long periods of time: I've tried lots of things to try to fix the problem. Disable SuperFetch...disable Windows Search (which I have not been able to do), etc. etc. Nothing seems to work. Any real ideas on how to fix this problem once and for all?...
  7. Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless

Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless: Hello, I've had a lot of issues with my computer ever since my Motherboard stopped working. I've replaced the motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU but i'm still getting random BSOD while working with my computer. I've tried the following: Completely reinstall Windows (From a...
  8. My computer did update then when tried to log in black screen flashing and task bar useless...

My computer did update then when tried to log in black screen flashing and task bar useless...: Turned on twi computers and both did long update then when tried to log in ended up with fladhing black screen and task bar not working, tried all been said and no use and now one computer has died and wont switch one, windows 10 has destroyed two of my computers what can i...
  9. Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?: Screenshot should say it all. 3x27" monitor span, used to nice useful Aero Peek windows in Win 7 and 8.1, I can't see how this little thumbnail at 59x59px is of use to anyone. The icons on the taskbar also now seem to be the middle cousin between Windows XP "Quick Launch"...
  10. KB3189866 Update made laptop Taskbar & menus useless. Screw Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3189866 Update made laptop Taskbar & menus useless. Screw Microsoft: !!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suggest you STAY AWAY from this update KB3189866. It applied on my Dad's laptop this morning and suddenly he was unable to open his start menu and his volume slider would not appear when he clicked on his speaker icon. It was also...