Windows 10: Useless Taskbar

Discus and support Useless Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problem: Can't use Cortana search, open notifications or open the start menu. Can't run Insider Hub either I've been searching google all day and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WOLF81au, Jul 6, 2015.

1. WOLF81au Win User

Useless Taskbar

Problem: Can't use Cortana search, open notifications or open the start menu. Can't run Insider Hub either

I've been searching google all day and tried several methods with no results.
    * I created a powershell.exe file on the desktop and ran as administrator to use the "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" command but got nothing but errors and no result.
    * Tried a system restore but that failed.

Hoping this can be dealt with without a fresh install but not liking my chances. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

WOLF81au, Jul 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - How to make Task Bar Icons larger?

on larger resolution it helps so little, that for taskbar icons is useless.

JiříCvrk, Jul 6, 2015
  3. RobGuimar Win User
    Windows 10 Multiple desktop with different shortcuts

"Multiple Desktops" should be called "Multiple Taskbars", cause that's what it is. Useless...

RobGuimar, Jul 6, 2015
Thema:

Useless Taskbar

1. Useless Taskbar - Similar Threads - Useless Taskbar

2. How do I get rid of this gigantic useless open space? The taskbar on win 11 is laid out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this gigantic useless open space? The taskbar on win 11 is laid out...: OK just upgraded to win11 and for some inexplicable reason the task bar icons is in the middle, the weather is where the start button belongs, and it is just all out of whack. Where's the setting to set it back proper?...
  3. How do I get rid of this gigantic useless open space? The taskbar on win 11 is laid out...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this gigantic useless open space? The taskbar on win 11 is laid out...: OK just upgraded to win11 and for some inexplicable reason the task bar icons is in the middle, the weather is where the start button belongs, and it is just all out of whack. Where's the setting to set it back proper?...
  4. Taskbar is now useless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is now useless: My taskbar is not working. It got white and not clickable at all. Even on the system tray all icons are not working as well. I dont know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-now-useless/57a53e51-a3d0-4b1e-9cbd-57cf7f6ca7ab
  5. Taskbar is now useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is now useless: My taskbar is not working. It got white and not clickable at all. Even on the system tray all icons are not working as well. I dont know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-now-useless/57a53e51-a3d0-4b1e-9cbd-57cf7f6ca7ab
  6. Taskbar is now useless

7. Taskbar Windows 11. Who had the dumb idea of the pop-up black boxes with useless info...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Windows 11. Who had the dumb idea of the pop-up black boxes with useless info...: How to you disable this? I don't need the date and time when it is right there below it on the task bar. All it does is block the page down function.Same with various locations along the task bar where it pops up and blocks access....
  8. Taskbar Windows 11. Who had the dumb idea of the pop-up black boxes with useless info...

Taskbar Windows 11. Who had the dumb idea of the pop-up black boxes with useless info...: How to you disable this? I don't need the date and time when it is right there below it on the task bar. All it does is block the page down function.Same with various locations along the task bar where it pops up and blocks access....
  9. Useless taskbar date and time calendar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Useless taskbar date and time calendar.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/irish_LK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joj6a3/useless_taskbar_date_and_time_calendar/
  10. KB3189866 Update made laptop Taskbar & menus useless. Screw Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3189866 Update made laptop Taskbar & menus useless. Screw Microsoft: !!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suggest you STAY AWAY from this update KB3189866. It applied on my Dad's laptop this morning and suddenly he was unable to open his start menu and his volume slider would not appear when he clicked on his speaker icon. It was also...