Windows 10: User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

Discus and support User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've just tried the new windows 10 upgrade, and I've had a bad experience. I tried copying some files onto a stick drive and I couldn't, as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Johnny2000, Jul 30, 2015.

1. User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

Hi,

I've just tried the new windows 10 upgrade, and I've had a bad experience.

I tried copying some files onto a stick drive and I couldn't, as I didn't have administrator privileges. So I set up a new Administrator account, and still couldn't copy the same files.

I want to downgrade back to Win 7, but the Recovery process prompts me deactivate any new user accounts I've created before it can proceed.

I can't do this as the new adminisrator account does not appear in the list us user accounts!

I'm stuck. Please help.

:)

Johnny2000, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Babu V Win User

User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

Hi John,

Thank you for posting. Due to the high volume of enquiries related to Windows 10, we could not respond to you on time.

You may refer to the following suggestions and check if they fix the issue.

Let’s perform a check on a file system by running the CHKDSK command and see if you get access to the files.

a. Type “cmd” on the Start screen.

b. Right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”.

c. On the Command prompt, type
    “chkdsk /r /f” (without quotation marks).

After it finishes restart the computer.

CHKDSK Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Also try performing SFC scan on the computer.

SFC /scannow is a super-useful command you can use in any Windows version. When the SFC (System File Checker) command is used with the /scannow switch, the tool will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer
    and replace them as necessary.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Start your computer in safe mode and check if you can remove the user account.

Refer this link to start the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Jul 30, 2015
  3. User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

Hi,

I've just tried the new windows 10 upgrade, and I've had a bad experience.

I tried copying some files onto a stick drive and I couldn't, as I didn't have administrator privileges. So I set up a new Administrator account, and still couldn't copy the same files.

I want to downgrade back to Win 7, but the Recovery process prompts me deactivate any new user accounts I've created before it can proceed.

I can't do this as the new administrator account does not appear in the list us user accounts!

I'm stuck and cant go back, Please help.

JohnCooper_uk, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

1. User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - User account broken

2. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  3. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  4. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Going back to windows 7

Going back to windows 7: Hello, wondering can anyone tell me how to go back to windows 7, my laptop is 10 years old and its has updated to 10 and I want to go back, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks....
  6. Go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Go back to windows 7: After the recent update, my pc keeps freezing for no reason. I looked up for solutions but I only find that you should update your windows etc. So I did. It still runs like sh*****t and still freezes. I am really sick of this ridiculous situation because all of my work are on...
  7. Going Back To Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Back To Windows 7: I have had Windows 10 on my new PC for nearly two years and I hate it, It keeps crashing or stalling or does not what it's supposed to do or things go missing and I have to download apps to get stuff back with every update and yet again it as crashed with the last one two...
  8. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...
  9. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...
  10. go back to windows 7

go back to windows 7: I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but how? I am the only account in my computer. should I make another? what if the system tell me to remove it too? this is...