Windows 10: User account by live.com email forced without asking

Discus and support User account by live.com email forced without asking in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded with a name only user in win 10 and no password. NICE! Then I went to Microsoft embedded store that requires a live.com email. Win 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ralphfry, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Ralphfry Win User

User account by live.com email forced without asking

I upgraded with a name only user in win 10 and no password. NICE! Then I went to Microsoft embedded store that requires a live.com email. Win 10 converted my female named user account to my male named live.com email name as my current user and renamed it without asking. NASTY. I deleted that account AND Win 10 deleted all the pictures and files in the former My Documents also. NASTY Lobby Big M to change this hijack behaviour!

:)

Ralphfry, Oct 27, 2015
  2. Bsenske Win User

SERIOUS BUG AT INITIAL SETUP TIME AFTER FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOW 10

I DID THE CONVERSION SUCESSFULLY. Then the Dell tech warned me that he had had some real problems with 2 computers logged in with the live.com login

So I set up another "user without a email account" That went pretty good. You do get locked up if you try to add the user without a name in the form.

Then I deleted the "live.com logon account"

THAT IS WHEN THE AWFUL THING HAPPENED:

THE NEXT TIME I REBOOTED AND LOGGED IN, THE "USER WITHOUT A EMAIL ACCOUNT" WAS DELETED AND THE "LIVE.COM" ACCOUNT EXISTED AGAIN AND THE LIVE.COM LOGIN ACCOUNT FILES WERE DELETED AND THE USER WITHOUT AN EMAIL ACCOUNT FILES WERE NOW OWNED BY THE LIVE.COM USER.
    IT COULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER, EXCEPT THAT I HAD THE DATA ALL BACKED UP SO IT WORKED OUT FOR ME, BUT COULD BE A DISASTER FOR A TYPICAL USER THAT NEVER BACKS UP.

I WOULD BE GLAD TO TALK TO AN ENGINEER RE THIS SUBJECT TO MAKE CLEAR WHAT HAPPENED. BUT I AM OK MYSELF NOW.

Bsenske, Oct 27, 2015
  3. screen name/domain zune asking for to buy app is not my email domain

I'll usethe word example for my logon for most things

L: primary email, my windows live account on zune is now asking me for a logon called
    L: unknown email with live.com domain at the end.

i don't use live.com and i'm not sure where it comes from, but there is no option to edit or delete this other email domain of live.com

Why is zune asking me to logon to the live.com ?

I have no idea how to get the password it asks for beause the forgot password link takes me to windowslive

windmillcrusader, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Ralphfry, welcome to the Ten Forums.

I am sorry but this is totally your own fault. Windows does not do it without you accepting it, obviously you have not read all the instructions and notifications when you went to Windows Store and signed in.

The correct way to do it when using a local account, the way to use Store but not associate your Windows user account with an MS email address can be found in this tutorial: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

5. Ralphfry Win User
    Windows did this by default so it is not my fault. You seem brain washed by big M. Do you work there?

Ralphfry, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Windows does not do it without you clicking the buttons to accept it. Not reading the dialogs, not understanding what you are doing is not anyone else's fault.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User account by live.com email forced without asking - Similar Threads - User account live

2. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  3. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDRive Live .com.: I am only having trouble accessing One Drive through our web page Onedrive.live.com on every computer in the office. This has been going on for days now, tried from home same thing, we all can access through our mobiles only. ps: using the same shared one drive account...
  4. OneDRive Live .com.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run as different user asks for email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as different user asks for email: Previously Run as different user asked for account name as it can be seen on the screenshot below:Now, I have only option for entering email address instead of account name:Use different account doesn't do anything.Is there any option for entering account name instead of...
  6. Run as different user asks for email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as different user asks for email: Previously Run as different user asked for account name as it can be seen on the screenshot below:Now, I have only option for entering email address instead of account name:Use different account doesn't do anything.Is there any option for entering account name instead of...
  7. Run as different user asks for email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  9. Live Account Email troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Account Email troubles: My live.com email account won't allow me access on my pc. It's pinned on the task bar and when I click on it, it won't come up. After I click on it, it either won't do anything or the icon will disappear. When I pull it up in the search bar at the bottom left of my screen, I...
  10. User without email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User without email: I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username. I found this:...