Windows 10: User Account cannot access server

Discus and support User Account cannot access server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I originally posted this at Seven Forums but haven't yet gotten a response. I'm wondering if the experts haven't all migrated to W10. Anyway If some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bigseb, Apr 20, 2016.

1. bigseb Win User

User Account cannot access server

I originally posted this at Seven Forums but haven't yet gotten a response. I'm wondering if the experts haven't all migrated to W10. Anyway If some could please have a look at it and possibly give some insight:

My PC at work can access the company server since this morning. Everything was fine last night. Strangely the two other user accounts on the PC still work fine (in terms of server access) its just mine that has been affected.

Did a system restore without luck. we do our own IT and not very well versed so please help me fix my profile.

Thanks.

link to original post

:)

bigseb, Apr 20, 2016

2. Cannot access my outlook mail account by internet e-mail server

Original title: Internet E-mail account

Cannot access my outlook mail account by internet e-mail server, even after providing pass word for the designated user name.

Kindly help.

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

SridharanRangachari, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu, Search and Task switcher not functioning after joining a domain

After joining my windows 10 pro machine to a server 2012R2 domain,, I cannot access the start menu, search or task switcher when logging in as a domain user (or domain admin). If I log in as a LOCAL user or with my @outlook.com account, everything works
    fine.

ReubenFischman, Apr 20, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

My guess would be that account is locked on the server or maybe AD.

wyldman68, Apr 20, 2016
  5. bigseb Win User
    Thanks although I don't know what that means *Sad

I have googled this extensively but don't seem to find any similar issues having cropped up. This PC has three user accounts, the other two can see the server fine but mine can't. Internet works but I need the server as that is where our data is stored.

Any suggestions on where to start looking for the cause?

bigseb, Apr 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    As the OP stated, if you are using a Domain, your AD profile is screwed up most likely. Call a consultant in. It is very easy with too many hands in the mix, who do not know everything about working with a Domain and GPO, you are going to have issues.

Too many people playing around in an area that they do not know what they are doing or changing Security permissions, you are bound to run into these kind of problems.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. User Account cannot access server - Similar Threads - User Account cannot

2. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC: I have a Westinghouse TV which I use as my PC, with Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 installed on it. Whenever I clicked on the windows logo, then on the account picture, I would see other user accounts I could log onto. Now, whenever I click on the account user logo, I only see...
  3. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC: I have a Westinghouse TV which I use as my PC, with Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 installed on it. Whenever I clicked on the windows logo, then on the account picture, I would see other user accounts I could log onto. Now, whenever I click on the account user logo, I only see...
  4. No Longer Cannot Access Other User Accounts on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No Admin access and cannot switch user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Admin access and cannot switch user account: I need help please! My laptop has 2 very big problems first I can't switch users and second I don't have Admin rights even though I have admin password. Anything that requires admin access can no longer do. what should I do? I am on Windows 10 Home and this started about 2...
  6. Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10: Hi, I was logging into a user and it was protected with a pin then I accidentally clicked I forgot my pin and then I was back on my first account and after that, I cannot see my user and cannot access it. It existed as it was showing up in the control panel. I deleted that...
  7. CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10: When powering on my Win 10 PC today, the desktop is different from normal. I cannot seem to access any of my features. It seems as though the wrong user account is open. I have tried signing out and and in, and logging in with both password and PIN, and still have the same...
  8. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  9. Cannot access \\server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access \\server: We have several Win 7 laptops which connect to our Win 7 Desktop (Server) and one Win 10 laptop that has never been able to connect to it. Attempting to "Map a network drive" or "Add a network location," the Win 10 laptop sees the server but cannot access it, giving the...
  10. Cannot access or find user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...