Windows 10: User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Discus and support User Account Control dialog missing Yes button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kinimod, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Kinimod Win User

User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update.

Apparently a similar problem is common where people find the "Yes" button grayed out, but I did not find anything about the button missing altogether. The proposed solution for when the button is grayed out is to start Windows in safe mode, sign in as administrator and fix things in the command prompt from there. I tried this but it did not work for me. It did not accept my password for the administrator sign-in, which is unsurprising because the only account I have ever set up on this machine is my own user account, no separate administrator account.

How can I get the "Yes" button back?

:)

Kinimod, Oct 31, 2016

2. An error occurring while trying to uninstall software from my PC

Click Yes, this will pop up a User Account Control dialog, click Yes on that dialog too.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 31, 2016
  3. User Account Control Dialogue Has No "Yes" Button

Hi Farzad_K, Thanks for the update. Please keep us updated with your progress resetting Windows 10. Best, Andre Windows Insider MVP MVP-Windows and Devices for IT Andre Da Costa (@adacosta) | Twitter

Andre Da Costa, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Kinimod Win User

Problem solved after a lot of fiddling around, by following the solution I linked to above, except:

• To boot into safe mode, I had to press Enter while GRUB was showing (I use a dual-boot system). Just letting it time out with "Windows 10" selected as I usually do would not work, Windows would not boot at all or boot into regular mode.
    • In safe mode, I was able to log in as administrator by just leaving the password field empty.
    • After resetting the administrator password as suggested, it is no longer empty, Windows changes it to "password", which I luckily found out in a desparate attempt to guess it. I was then able to complete the rest of the steps in the linked article and restore my administrator privileges. Who would have guessed it works like that.

Kinimod, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

1. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button - Similar Threads - User Account Control

2. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control: After I recently updated my Windows and ever since that update I keep getting the attached notification as soon as my computer boots up. I have attached two images of the question that comes up in a box called User Account Control. Once it comes up I say no and it goes away...
  3. USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USER ACCOUNT CONTROL: HOW DO I TURN THIS ON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control/1c59e94e-94c0-4bea-87b2-278a19c4b17d
  4. user control accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user control accounts: When ever I try to install my printer, User Accounts Control gives me this message: An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator. Please I need help with this...
  5. User Account Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account Control: OK, what did I do wrong? I cant troubleshoot because something is wrong with THAT! Disclosure....I've not been able to download Win10 update because of low disk space though I've tried everything. So far, that hadn't really been a problem Now This!! Anyone? [ATTACH]...
  6. No "yes" button in UAC dialog box

No "yes" button in UAC dialog box: Why does user acct. dialog box not have a "yes" choice any more? I've not mad any changes to my computer other than regular updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-yes-button-in-uac-dialog-box/ef7fd81b-23cb-4d6b-94da-bebe1a79e54c
  7. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...
  8. User Account Controller

User Account Controller: Anytime I try to change something on my computer like account type I get a pop up box from user account controller saying that I need to use a admin login and password to access it. But the only option for me to click on is "NO" I can not run netplwiz or anything without that...
  9. User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control pop-up - "YES" button grayed out, can't click it: Whenever I try to open most non-Microsoft programs and many Windows 10 features -- like System Restore, for example -- I get the 'User Account Control' pop-up with the "YES" button grayed out, dead, so it can't be clicked. Only the "NO" button in the pop-up is live and...
  10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows user dialog missong yes button

2. user account control prompt missing yes

3. why is my yes dialog box missing

4. useraccount control dialog missing yes button